Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CLA 250
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The vanity mirror on my sun visor broke & need to be replaced. Any idea on how to go about replacing it or the whole assembly? I’ve searched the internet & can’t find one specific to my car (2014 MB CLA250).

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
they are wired so yes be careful
they are also external to the headliner so it seems they are all tab/friction mounted
when you get the replacement the mounting scheme will be shown

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
@regieh
your post got me curious so i took mine apart ... turns out the mirror frame can be (carefully) pried out ...though use a credit card or something to lean the trim removal tool against so the underlying foam is not dented (which will lead to a lumpy vinyl skin surface)
mine is also a 14 so hopefully the part number will be the same: A0998100076 (or whatever supersedes it)
the mirror glass itself is held in with a glued on subframe ... so might as well just get the replacement part if you can find it
or if you find the whole visor on ebay or a yard just pry out the mirror frame part and replace yours
looks like there are 8 hook points (freaked me out when i heard them snap snap snap ... thought i broke them all !!!)

... and typical germans ... even a damn visor has to be so darn complicated ...:p

Window Automotive lighting Trunk Bumper Vehicle door

Communication Device Rectangle Gadget Bag Portable communications device

·
Registered
2014 CLA 250
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@regieh
your post got me curious so i took mine apart ... turns out the mirror frame can be (carefully) pried out ...though use a credit card or something to lean the trim removal tool against so the underlying foam is not dented (which will lead to a lumpy vinyl skin surface)
mine is also a 14 so hopefully the part number will be the same: A0998100076 (or whatever supersedes it)
the mirror glass itself is held in with a glued on subframe ... so might as well just get the replacement part if you can find it
or if you find the whole visor on ebay or a yard just pry out the mirror frame part and replace yours
looks like there are 8 hook points (freaked me out when i heard them snap snap snap ... thought i broke them all !!!)

... and typical germans ... even a damn visor has to be so darn complicated ...:p

View attachment 67822

View attachment 67823
imc, thank you. why did you pry yours? was it easy to put back? I am actually thinking of getting the whole assembly.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
imc, thank you. why did you pry yours? was it easy to put back? I am actually thinking of getting the whole assembly.
Pure curiosity
And learn something new
The mirror frame just snaps back in
Fastest fix to replace mirror
Avoids damaging headliner which does not spring back to shape if dented during work

edit: seems getting just the mirror frame is unlikely ... have seen entire visors on ebay as @mav238 has noted though $35~$95 is rather steep considering what it is but hey whatever the market will bear i guess

1 - 8 of 8 Posts