Mercedes CLA Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I look forward to hearing some good news off you, if you need any further info just holler!

B

·
Registered
2 Posts
Perfect, thank you so much. I honestly hope this is the issue. I'm going to get it looked at by the tech. Will report back with what they say and if it fixed the issue. I'd much rather this than go with the dual clutch replacement that they were suggesting. I never could understand how it would be the dual clutch as this would happen even in Manual mode without shifting any gears...

This is such a relief.

Thanks a bunch!
Hi,

Did you ever find out what the problem was? I am having the exact same issues you describe in a 2014 cla45, been to the garage 3 times now and they have no idea what is causing it!

TIA

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever find the problem?
My 2014 cla45 amg has begun doing the exact same thing. If I put my foot down it usually gets to third gear and violently jolts until I take my foot off the accelerator. Does it in manual mode to and has done it in 4th and 5th

·
Registered
206 Posts
my car started doing it at 85000miles , only on up shifts, like when i got up to the desired speed and car automatically will need to shift to higher gear,thats when its hits time to time ,But not all the time. never when i m on gas going through the gears, only when i back off the throttle. any thoughts?
and thank you!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hey guys sorry for the delayed response.
So I took it to my dealership, the exact print out of the work sheet posted by you Faux and they basically dismissed it.
Said my Mercedes is showing no codes, whereas the sheet said yours showed codes.
They said its most likely a "wet dual clutch failure" causing slippage...

It just seems unlikely to me. Anywho, they said they'll send it off to Germany for AMG to review and see if there's anything they are aware of. This was early March before COVID. As of now, I haven't heard anything and due to COVID most dealerships here are closed.

So sorry, I don't really have an update besides them just basically dismissing what I presented them.

However, seems like a few of us are having the same issues. Mine too does it mostly in 3rd/4th or 5th gears...
I find 3rd and 4th are the most common.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hey guys sorry for the delayed response.
So I took it to my dealership, the exact print out of the work sheet posted by you Faux and they basically dismissed it.
Said my Mercedes is showing no codes, whereas the sheet said yours showed codes.
They said its most likely a "wet dual clutch failure" causing slippage...

It just seems unlikely to me. Anywho, they said they'll send it off to Germany for AMG to review and see if there's anything they are aware of. This was early March before COVID. As of now, I haven't heard anything and due to COVID most dealerships here are closed.

So sorry, I don't really have an update besides them just basically dismissing what I presented them.

However, seems like a few of us are having the same issues. Mine too does it mostly in 3rd/4th or 5th gears...
I find 3rd and 4th are the most common.
Also I should add, this dealership is a piece of crap and they have morons working there.

Several videos of them driving off in S-classes for "test drives" which became more like Joy rides...

I've considered taking it to another dealership or even a Private shop at this point.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also I should add, this dealership is a piece of crap and they have morons working there.

Several videos of them driving off in S-classes for "test drives" which became more like Joy rides...

I've considered taking it to another dealership or even a Private shop at this point.
My dealership said the same thing regarding codes, was not showing anything so dismissed it... anyway i took mine to a local mechanic and had him just replace the crankshaft sensor on the off chance as the part was only £35 and now the problem is solved, no more issues

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
My dealership said the same thing regarding codes, was not showing anything so dismissed it... anyway i took mine to a local mechanic and had him just replace the crankshaft sensor on the off chance as the part was only £35 and now the problem is solved, no more issues
So crankshaft fixed it for you huh? I guess that's what I'll have to do...

·
Registered
206 Posts
can someone post photo and location of the sensor, please?

·
Registered
206 Posts
which one of these you replaced? b6/16, b6/15, b70 or y58/2?

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
which one of these you replaced? b6/16, b6/15, b70 or y58/2?
Ok, so i did tranny service and replaced b/70 crankshaft hall sensor and problem still there.
anything eles????
thanks,
c

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
To be honest, I'm not sure Caug.
I'm taking the car to a local shop and also having them replace the crankshaft position sensor to see if this fixes it up.
Will update after the 13th as that's my scheduled appointment date.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts