Mercedes CLA Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
Oh good
Perhaps some simple sensor pinout measurements can provide baselines for good or bad device condition
Wonder if the static impedance at room temp will be different between the new and old?
Just thinking out loud

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys,

I am desperately looking for answers. I've been to my local Mercedes-Benz dealership about 4 times for this issue and they are unable to tell me with certainty what the issue is. So I'm here to see if anyone else has experienced something similar and if they were able to get it resolved.

About 3 months ago, on a typical day driving to work, I accelerated by pressing the gas pedal down a bit to overtake someone. As the car picked up speed, suddenly it had a violent jerk, almost like I got hit from behind. I thought this was a one off situation as I tried to replicate it again and again and nothing happened.
Over time, the issue became more noticeable and more frequent. It seemed that when I would press the accelerator down to pick up speed fast, the car would violently jerk in 3rd, 4th, 5th and sometimes even 6th gear. The jerking would not stop until I let go of the accelerator. The RPM also stays steady around 4000-5000. At this point is when the car then shifts gears and accelerates as it normally would. There were no check engine lights so the dealership can't scan for any codes. The car is a 2014 CLA 45 AMG that is driven 71000km.

The dealership performed a update to the TCU, and even performed a transmission service however the issue still persists.

After all this they seem to suggest that it is a fault with the dual clutch... but they are not sure.

Since the car is out of warranty, and me having poured a few thousand already into them experimenting fixes, I want to get a better idea of what the issue is and what could be causing it before I sign off on anymore suggestions from this dealership.

So has anyone else had similar issues? What did you do to get it fixed?
I had this issue before two weeks and I have A45 2015 model I scanned the car and it showed that I have a low fuel pressure and so it’s from the rear fuel pump and it needs to be replaced to solve this issue

·
Registered
1 Posts
Big thank you to all of those who contributed in pinpointing the problem! You guys have no idea how much I appreciate it.

Brought me joy back in driving my car again!
I can’t believe I’ve had the same problem and I was so worried! I’ve taken your advice and got my crankshaft sensor replaced on my A class and no longer have any violent Jerks!! After taking it to two garages and them telling me it will be a case of “ process of elimination” thanks all for this thread!

·
Registered
2014 CLA 250 4MATIC ✨
94 Posts
Hello guys,

I am desperately looking for answers. I've been to my local Mercedes-Benz dealership about 4 times for this issue and they are unable to tell me with certainty what the issue is. So I'm here to see if anyone else has experienced something similar and if they were able to get it resolved.

About 3 months ago, on a typical day driving to work, I accelerated by pressing the gas pedal down a bit to overtake someone. As the car picked up speed, suddenly it had a violent jerk, almost like I got hit from behind. I thought this was a one off situation as I tried to replicate it again and again and nothing happened.
Over time, the issue became more noticeable and more frequent. It seemed that when I would press the accelerator down to pick up speed fast, the car would violently jerk in 3rd, 4th, 5th and sometimes even 6th gear. The jerking would not stop until I let go of the accelerator. The RPM also stays steady around 4000-5000. At this point is when the car then shifts gears and accelerates as it normally would. There were no check engine lights so the dealership can't scan for any codes. The car is a 2014 CLA 45 AMG that is driven 71000km.

The dealership performed a update to the TCU, and even performed a transmission service however the issue still persists.

After all this they seem to suggest that it is a fault with the dual clutch... but they are not sure.

Since the car is out of warranty, and me having poured a few thousand already into them experimenting fixes, I want to get a better idea of what the issue is and what could be causing it before I sign off on anymore suggestions from this dealership.

Same things happened to me :( never figured out what happened but eventually stopped.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello guys,

Did you ever replaced the engine and tranny mouths??

41 - 48 of 48 Posts