Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to be off topic here... well given there are only two threads in addition to this one, hardly blasphemous.

I am going to be getting into Frankfurt of r my European Delivery and I was booking my movements. One requires Deutsche Bahn to Stuttgart. I have to spend one night in Frankfurt since my flight arrives late.

I have heard nightmare stories about druggies, beggars and horrid urine stench pervading the air at Frankfurt Central. I am a bit OCD and a hypochondriac and may want to avoid this if it is really bad. I may just take the Frankfurt Airport station to Stuttgart. But is my worry warranted, is Frankfurt Main Central that bad?

Danke

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
In a word, no, it's not at all like that.

I intentionally stayed at a hotel that was walking distance from the train station, and was there for several days. I walked to and from the train station at all hours of the day and night, and never experienced any unpleasantness.

I recommend catching the first train from Frankfurt to Stuttgart. It'll be 8 or 8:30 AM by the time your taxi gets to the factory.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In a word, no, it's not at all like that.

I intentionally stayed at a hotel that was walking distance from the train station, and was there for several days. I walked to and from the train station at all hours of the day and night, and never experienced any unpleasantness.

I recommend catching the first train from Frankfurt to Stuttgart. It'll be 8 or 8:30 AM by the time your taxi gets to the factory.
Phew, I read some horror stories of junkies lunging at tourists trying to steal cameras and what not, and the OCD/paranoid/hypochondriac in me just busted through the gate with a red flag and old timey siren "A-whoo-ga". One reviewer writes, "It's riddled with people that 'live on the edge' or not even in this world, amongst the perfume of urine wafting the air". Poetic, I must say

Yeah, I plan on taking the train the day before, Im taking my parents, and they don't hustle as fast as I do. haha

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
This will help them out:

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Phew, I read some horror stories of junkies lunging at tourists trying to steal cameras and what not, and the OCD/paranoid/hypochondriac in me just busted through the gate with a red flag and old timey siren "A-whoo-ga". One reviewer writes, "It's riddled with people that 'live on the edge' or not even in this world, amongst the perfume of urine wafting the air". Poetic, I must say

Yeah, I plan on taking the train the day before, Im taking my parents, and they don't hustle as fast as I do. haha
The first train is very early, 5 AM or so. Look for the platform when you arrive the night before, because there aren't many people on duty that early in the morning.

One thing you'll find is that people in Frankfurt speak or at least understand English pretty well.
You can rely on this less the more remote the area you're in.

·
Registered
230 Posts
"druggies, beggars and horrid urine stench pervading the air"
Oh you're talking about Frankfurt. Have you ever been to Philly Suburban Station? Don't worry about Frankfurt, just never go to Philly.

If you arrive at Frankfurt airport you could stay at the Hilton or the Garden Inn which are in the airport directly above the ICE train station. It's easy, no hauling bags around the city or wasting time.
Then in the morning escalator down to the ICE station, on the train and 75 minutes directly into Stuttgart. Couldn't be easier.

I stayed at the Hilton one night and took the train downtown for the evening. Not a problem, walked around, never concerned me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds more like Gare de Lyon in France... Thats a horrible place! 😄 Grankfurt is absolutly sace and fairly clean as well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts