Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

I've already made the decision I want to get the CLA 250 - Mountain Grey with Premium 1 pkg, Multimedia pkg, Sports, pkg, Pano roof and Bi-Xenon headlights. The question is....do you think I'm better off waiting for inventory to come in to get a fully loaded CLA 250 or should I just put in a custom order now to get the car around Christmas time? Let me know what info you guys are getting from your dealers as far as inventory coming in. I've heard some dealerships are only getting 4 cars and 3 of which are already reserved, the last is for demo/test driving purposes only.

Have you ordered your CLA already or are you going to wait for inventory to come in?

·
Registered
288 Posts
its probably better to wait for inventory to come in...and it seems like the car is a hot ticket now, judging by some of the threads in the pricing section. You could always order though, see what kind of deal your dealership will give you...

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Hey everybody,

I've already made the decision I want to get the CLA 250 - Mountain Grey with Premium 1 pkg, Multimedia pkg, Sports, pkg, Pano roof and Bi-Xenon headlights. The question is....do you think I'm better off waiting for inventory to come in to get a fully loaded CLA 250 or should I just put in a custom order now to get the car around Christmas time? Let me know what info you guys are getting from your dealers as far as inventory coming in. I've heard some dealerships are only getting 4 cars and 3 of which are already reserved, the last is for demo/test driving purposes only.

Have you ordered your CLA already or are you going to wait for inventory to come in?
You can locate an Edition 1 car that has identical options and then some including black 14 spoke rims and night styling package plus unique interior. For around $42k MSRP.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its probably better to wait for inventory to come in...and it seems like the car is a hot ticket now, judging by some of the threads in the pricing section. You could always order though, see what kind of deal your dealership will give you...
Yeah you're right. I guess it won't hurt to run my order by a few dealership and see what quotes they give me. I am guessing the demand for the CLA won't calm down probably well into next year. I've heard a few stories of people with custom orders and their delivery dates getting pushed back more and more....which makes me hesitant to go the custom order route. All my cars I've bought off the lot and this is the first "popular" car I'd be purchasing, so I'm a bit new to this.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Custom orders take at least six weeks to get here. I'd call around if you have a lot of MB dealers.
I live in Chicago so there is a large selection of dealers to choose from. With the big city comes big demand, all the dealers I've talked to said the supply they will get is already sold. I guess I'll have to wait and how everything plays out next week.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Yeah you're right. I guess it won't hurt to run my order by a few dealership and see what quotes they give me. I am guessing the demand for the CLA won't calm down probably well into next year. I've heard a few stories of people with custom orders and their delivery dates getting pushed back more and more....which makes me hesitant to go the custom order route. All my cars I've bought off the lot and this is the first "popular" car I'd be purchasing, so I'm a bit new to this.
I am less convinced the demand would last that long. It is going to be a very high volume car and they tend to meet the demand rather quickly.
Arrival of the Audi A3 sedan may change the landscape as the motor press appears to think the A3 is built better, quicker, handles better and has more interior room.
It will, however, be priced higher but without knowing what comes standard on the car, it is difficult to gauge.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Tech, I am in Rockford area and have an available edition 1 for sale. The advantage for you, would be lower sales tax. Your Chicago tax is 10% by purchasing from us your total tax, including City of Chicago and Cook county is only 8.5% That saves you $615 in sales tax. Our extra Edition 1 is only a week away.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Custom orders take at least six weeks to get here. I'd call around if you have a lot of MB dealers.
Custom orders are closer to 3.5 months not 6 weeks?????? also depends on if there are any delays. For example it will be at least another month before we start building sport package cars again as the demand overwhelmed supply. We have not been able to order sport package cars for three weeks..

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Custom orders are closer to 3.5 months not 6 weeks?????? also depends on if there are any delays. For example it will be at least another month before we start building sport package cars again as the demand overwhelmed supply. We have not been able to order sport package cars for three weeks..
"If you want to have a good time, you need to have a good watch" - what watches are you into, Tim ?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Outsider, here is my current rotation.
[/URL][/IMG]
Very nice watches, Tim.
I am a more out of phase eclectic small collector. Less of the current, more of the old genre. My small wrist doesn't help either :)
Most current is a Daytona, No date Submariner and a 43mm Cartier Ballon Bleu. Daily wear is a way out of fashion President bought new in 1991. 1960s Patek, several 1950s Omega 18k Pie Pan, 1928 Hamilton Coronado, Old Hermes moonphase, a bunch of mint "Madman" era gold watches and many others that's worth only the weight of the metal.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You would like my Sothis. It has a very retro feel to it.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
71 Posts
18 Fairways, sure thing. My email is [email protected] shoot me an email and I can send you all of the informaiton you need. :)

CLA250C $29,900
787 Mountain Grey $720
751 Black Leather w/ DINAMICA & Neon Stitchi
P88 P88 Edition 1: SiriusXM® Radio w/ 6 mos $10,280
H79 : Aluminum trim
P19 : Factory Code
P34 : Exclusive Package
P55 : Night Package
R01 : Summer Tires
049 : iPod/MP3 Media Interface Cable
218 : Rearview Camera
232 : Garage Door Opener