Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter is about to turn 16 (November) and I am looking for a new car so I can give her my current car, an Acura TSX. I originally got the TSX (first model about 10 years ago) because it was the latest in car tech with voice-controlled navigation, automatic with optional shifting and various other high-tech options.

I have been looking around $30,000 but not really finding anything that I wanted, which was a similar experience to the TSX. The latest in car tech is automatic driving, and I figured I would wait to see what kinds of features came out in the 2014 models, hoping for something better than what I see out there.

Seeing the clever Super Bowl ad with Willem Dafoe, I thought, well, it's $29,900 and it looks great, so I should at least check it out. Wow! Distronic, Parktronic, blind spot, lane keeping, aerodynamics, etc., etc., etc. and I'll probably get out right around $35K for it all!

I never thought I would buy a Mercedes. I always viewed them as a stuffy old guys car (although I'm getting there myself).

Can't wait until November now.

·
Registered
984 Posts
My daughter is about to turn 16 (November) and I am looking for a new car so I can give her my current car, an Acura TSX. I originally got the TSX (first model about 10 years ago) because it was the latest in car tech with voice-controlled navigation, automatic with optional shifting and various other high-tech options.

I have been looking around $30,000 but not really finding anything that I wanted, which was a similar experience to the TSX. The latest in car tech is automatic driving, and I figured I would wait to see what kinds of features came out in the 2014 models, hoping for something better than what I see out there.

Seeing the clever Super Bowl ad with Willem Dafoe, I thought, well, it's $29,900 and it looks great, so I should at least check it out. Wow! Distronic, Parktronic, blind spot, lane keeping, aerodynamics, etc., etc., etc. and I'll probably get out right around $35K for it all!

I never thought I would buy a Mercedes. I always viewed them as a stuffy old guys car (although I'm getting there myself).

Can't wait until November now.
PRMan, welcome to the site. First off, I'm curious what the PR stands for in PRMan? (Puerto Rico? Public Relations?)

I've been a fan of Mercedes for a long time and they have a ton of exciting (non old guy cars) -- but I can see how you would feel that way, and why the CLA doesn't fit that mold. Its smaller, sporty, gorgeous lines and very attractive pricing. Not to mention, it has the most advanced and nicest interior I've seen in a long time -- and at a price that just makes it seem impossible.

I think you will be very happy with the CLA, it sounds like its right up your alley!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts