·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just more info to feed our appetite :big smile:

·
Registered
143 Posts
I`m blown away by the car prices in the US, in Norway a CLA 180 start at about 54800 USD without any options.. This is madness! I bought a CLA180 and the Norwegian price I could by two CLA 250s in the US and still have extra money to spend on optional upgrades..

·
Registered
730 Posts
I`m blown away by the car prices in the US, in Norway a CLA 180 start at about 54800 USD without any options.. This is madness! I bought a CLA180 and the Norwegian price I could by two CLA 250s in the US and still have extra money to spend on optional upgrades..
Diff'rent markets, diff'rent story... it's a give-&-take! Every gov't is of a diff'rent flavour, hence diff'rent prices!

Pension/social-security, healthcare, education/training, housing, adolescent/childcare, work leaves/sabbaticals, energy/staples subsidies, etc. I believe in the end, it all balances out everywhere! :cool:

Reactions: ppiano23

·
Banned
990 Posts
That is pretty crazy... wow

·
Registered
143 Posts
Diff'rent markets, diff'rent story... it's a give-&-take! Every gov't is of a diff'rent flavour, hence diff'rent prices!

Pension/social-security, healthcare, education/training, housing, adolescent/childcare, work leaves/sabbaticals, energy/staples subsidies, etc. I believe in the end, it all balances out everywhere! :cool:
Thats true, but the taxes are crazy. The more power the car has the more tax we have to pay. CLA 180 is about 21.845 USD in taxes CLA250 is 42928 USD in Taxes. But with everything we get from the taxes i`m not complaining. I just amazed at the big Chunk of money the Government is taking.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Thats true, but the taxes are crazy. The more power the car has the more tax we have to pay. CLA 180 is about 21.845 USD in taxes CLA250 is 42928 USD in Taxes. But with everything we get from the taxes i`m not complaining. I just amazed at the big Chunk of money the Goverment is takeing.
Yea... the tax-per-cc (for engine-size) just irks me like nothing else, for those abroad who have to deal w/ such. My (non-car savvy) Int'l family, whenever visiting, always ask me: "oh how many 'cc' is that!" (as it's apparently indicative of my affluence)... :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts