Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Agreed...but I think we just need to be patient. :) You can find pictures of the non-AMG CLAs in other colors but they're all clearly "Photoshopped" and even with the AMG kit it sounds like the CLA45 will be slightly different. For example, I've seen pictures of the CLA in red with an AMG sport kit. The car itself is all red but, supposedly, according to the MB Press Release of the exterior trim pieces will be matte grey (standard) on the CLA45 (specifically those pieces that are either CF or blacked out with the CF exterior and Night Package respectively).

Most of the color pictures I've seen so far aren't representative of what the car will look like in person. I really want to love the reds but I have no clue what they'll look like in the flesh. It looks awesome in the P-chopped pics but some of the 'real shots' I've seen make one of the reds look a bit chintzy and the other too "Ford Taurus." I have no clue what the darn thing looks like. :) Where's the orange option? lol

-Eric

·
Registered
896 Posts
i found a silver one! this pic also kinda confirms the air deflectors are standard. nice...

dda.png

i demand to see the CLA in all colors! i found this vid of a SILVER cla 45 amg (you can only see it for 3 seconds) here and there

·
Registered
896 Posts
according to the MB Press Release of the exterior trim pieces will be matte grey (standard) on the CLA45 (specifically those pieces that are either CF or blacked out with the CF exterior and Night Package respectively).
i believe this too!

the side skirts and front lip will be matte grey stock

the night package will make them gloss black

the exterior carbon package will make them...carbon!

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
i believe this too!

the side skirts and front lip will be matte grey stock

the night package will make them gloss black

the exterior carbon package will make them...carbon!
I'm good with matte grey but I think it will be lost on the Mountain Grey which makes me want to rethink the whole Mountain Grey thing again...and I don't think the CF is worth the likely up charge. I'm also not sure whether the piano black in lieu of matte grey will be that material of a difference...or whether whatever the difference might be, whether the cost is worthwhile. I'd rather put the cost towards other options...I think. The closer the car gets to $60k the more I start to think C63 replacement, especially if there's any chance it will have AWD.

-Eric

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know what color would be awesome on the CLA45 if the could do it is Stain Black-Royal blue with silver flakes. That would be a show stopper everytime you parked at Wal-Mart or Wal-greens :)

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
I fight hard to avoid Walmart...let alone parking at one...at all costs. :)

I think the CLA might look good in a copper-like color along the lines of something like this...

or maybe an orange something a little closer to this...

or maybe even this...although I admit that I don't think I'd have the cojones to order it...

A color I would, however, seriously consider on a CLA is BMW's Frozen Dark Blue Metallic..

Can you tell I am seriously over grey? A big Merc (like an S-Class) in one of these colors wouldn't work at all but a smaller car can pull it off. The CLA is probably small enough and aggressive enough (at least with the sports kit) to do it.

-Eric

1 - 7 of 7 Posts