Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 2015 CLA45, and the other morning i came out to my car, opened the rear door to find the footwell filled with water, tried pouring water over the car but it drains like it should both sides of the sunroof, cannot find this leak atall, anyone else had the same problem?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah no dings that i can find, i dried it out and left it sitting in my driveway overnight, in the morning it was like a swimming pool, completely dried it again, and left it overnight, still the exact same, not driven the car in a couple days as i have a works van so it must be just from rain purely? Im not entirely sure

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The front footwell is bone dry and is clean water, no dirt or anything in it, is this a common problem with these cars?

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
Geee ... maybe yank the lower seat side sills carpet out to find the moisture trail
Right rear wheel well plastic shields all good? No gaps?

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
Geee ... maybe yank the lower seat side sills carpet out to find the moisture trail
Right rear wheel well plastic shields all good? No gaps?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The wheel well plastic shields are fine, had the rear seats out and lifted the rear of the carpet of the car earlier to see if the moisture had travelled from the rear of the car and it was all bone dry, suspecting it might be coming from the pillar between the 2 doors? Ive not driven the car today and the water just keeps building back up about an hour after completely drying it, the rain has been non stop for the past few days aswell

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
That leaves the door and window seals
If the front section of the rear door seals are pinched or distorted or poorly seated that may explain things

·
Registered
320 Posts
I had the same issue but in driver side rear. It ended up being the tract for the sunroof and some port underneath the car was sucking up water

·
Registered
12 Posts
So i have a 2015 CLA45, and the other morning i came out to my car, opened the rear door to find the footwell filled with water, tried pouring water over the car but it drains like it should both sides of the sunroof, cannot find this leak atall, anyone else had the same problem?
Check to see if any of the rubber plugs missing

·
Registered
2 Posts
Martyn
I had a mate with similar problem, but not a Merc.
We traced it back to one of the condenser pipes from the air conditioning system where the pipe was leaking. This caused water to continually build up in the footwell.
It was difficult to locate and the problem required a pro to fix it.
Just a thought if you can’t find a leak from outside.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts