Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any similar issue? Of course last week I was just bragging how my car has 70k miles and 0 issues. BOOM, i jinxed myself.

I have water leaking into the car under my mats and carpet. At first, I only noticed in the back seat driver's side under the floor mats. Now i'm noticing condensation under the 2 front mats as well. I have nothing in the back passenger side.

I thought at first it was from the AC...maybe a clogged ac drain.............I left the car for 2 days in my driveway and each day I had more water accumulated in the back seat so that rules out the AC.

I blew compressed air through the drain holes on the sunroof and under the hood. I poured water down the windshield and it leaked right out the bottom like it should. This is driving me crazy!

I am about to go to the dealership but I know this could cost me thousands.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Wonder how the hot water lines route into the cabin area?

And yeah “boom” it was

Sorry to hear about this and hope you track it down soon

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I'm letting it dry out one more time after dry vaccing it. Going to play around with a few more things but I scheduled an appointment with Mercedes for Tuesday. I do not want electronics to get wet or mold under my carpet. There's no coming back from that

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update. I'm still waiting to pick up my car but they believe they solved the issue. It appears a bracket in the sunroof tract was broken and caused a drain blockage. The broken piece was removed and the sunroof works as it should with no leak. They now have to remove all the seats and carpeting to dry it out but it appears it's not a major issue

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Wow
Never heard anything rattling around huh?
Dang ... guess we pano folks need to keep an eye on that subsystem
Thanks for the tip

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No rattling whatsoever. No sound of air leaking or anything. I even opened up the sunroof and looked in and around the tract area didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
they didnt happen to save the little culprit did they?
or maybe the repair order lists the p/n they fixed

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll let you know when i pick it up. Hopefully today. It's been a week and this loaner c300 just isn't cutting it for me anymore.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Now now be nice to the C it did roll you around for a few days
Looking forward to the details!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The saga continues. Won't be ready until Friday now. They discovered the drain stoppage underneath the car was disconnected and there was additional water in the rear under the carpets so have to pull them and let them dry. Another 2 hours of labor. This is going to cost me around 1500 and they are recommending I don't open my sunroof anymore unless i want to replace the whole sunroof tract for an additional 1800. I'm not happy at all.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
W T F ???
Now really want to trace the water path ... like its trickling down the A and C pillars?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok so it cost me $1765 total. Broken plastic found in sunroof tray from broken bracket causing clogged drain. Also, found a leak in L/F floor pan plug

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Ouch
Really horrible ordeal ... guess now we know to open up and look over the pano system once in a while
Really surprised something just broke off?

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Thats it folks ... clean and check your panos often!!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yup and apparently under the leftside check your drain plugs. I'm thinking I bottomed out of a driveway or something and it broke and was sucking water up.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Wow geewhiz good thing i am in a semi desert area but will take a peek underneath ever so often

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
The MB A220 is a close relative to the CLA.
Today, 7/27/20, the NHTSA announced a recall #20V416, on certain MB A220 MY2019 (A Class, 177 Platform) due to the a/c drain hose not being properly installed, allowing condensation to enter the footwells. Owners will be notified.

If your floor is wet it may be due to a/c condensation, which is significant enough to warrant a NHTSA safety recall.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Unbelievable
How can one screw up installing a lousy little tube?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts