Mercedes CLA Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello , glad this helped, we've had a lot of rain since car was fitted with new carpets at merc, all paid for by towbar company , and no damp in the car and not steamed up anymore.
I am at the TowBar shop now he is sealing all gaps and arguing that it is a design fault etc. we will see if the water stays out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am at the TowBar shop now he is sealing all gaps and arguing that it is a design fault etc. we will see if the water stays out.
This was yesterday’s water that I removed with a wet dry vacuum.
That water is horrendous, a lot more than I had , mine started to smell really bad ,the towbar company that I used said the same about design fault. The towbar company paid for everything so I think he will claim it back from the supplier saying its a design fault with no seals. Good luck with everything hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok so two weeks on, loads of rain and no more water apart from residual, been Vacuuming it out and isn’t building back up so looks like your post helped me solve the problem. Thank you!! Warning to everyone else make sure the TowBar company seals the gaps connecting to the chassis!

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
still amazed how the water finds its way along that path :unsure:
though for those who keep the tow bar ... hope a lot of goop seals that port up

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok so two weeks on, loads of rain and no more water apart from residual, been Vacuuming it out and isn’t building back up so looks like your post helped me solve the problem. Thank you!! Warning to everyone else make sure the TowBar company seals the gaps connecting to the chassis!
Brilliant glad it help (y)

·
Registered
13 Posts
still amazed how the water finds its way along that path :unsure:
though for those who keep the tow bar ... hope a lot of goop seals that port up
Yeah its just a box type section of chassis that runs straight to the start of the back seats , if the car is pointing down hill slightly and you have lots of rain it will flood in no time.
My car has been dry since the carpets were replaced, the towbar was removed like it would have been originally . We've had a lot of rain since , nearly every f:mad: ing day since the work was done at the beginning of December...

Hopefully this helps , thanks for feedback (y)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts