Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in 2015 we decided to buy the 2014 CLA250 fully loaded with sport package.
It was only taken to an authorized dealership to be serviced. Last week,out of the blue, with 40,000 miles on it,and only 2 weeks after being in for tire change,alignment and a service- the water pump broke and needed to be replaced which ended up being very expensive.

Anyone else had that problem?

:-(((

·
Registered
398 Posts
Back in 2015 we decided to buy the 2014 CLA250 fully loaded with sport package.
It was only taken to an authorized dealership to be serviced. Last week,out of the blue, with 40,000 miles on it,and only 2 weeks after being in for tire change,alignment and a service- the water pump broke and needed to be replaced which ended up being very expensive.

Anyone else had that problem?

:-(((
Sheesh... I would have expected it to last at least 50,000 miles (warranty miles). I’ve read somewhere is about a water pump failure, but I’m not sure where. It doesn’t seem very common so it might have just been a one off issue. How much was the repair?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sheesh... I would have expected it to last at least 50,000 miles (warranty miles). I’ve read somewhere is about a water pump failure, but I’m not sure where. It doesn’t seem very common so it might have just been a one off issue. How much was the repair?
They paid for the parts,which was supposed to be about $400,and the labor was $970.

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Just out of warranty?
Interesting the coughed up the free parts ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
They paid for the parts,which was supposed to be about $400,and the labor was $970.
Same issue happened to me three weeks ago paid $1500 for a new pump and today my car is in the shop and needs a new engine after 128000 miles, MB wants $11500 for the new engine for my 2014 CLA 250, the engine is worth more than a vehicle trade in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just out of warranty?
Interesting the coughed up the free parts ...
Yes, just out of warranty. We don't drive it much. We drive about 8500 miles a year. Now after the repair there's a weird noise, like a whistle. We need to take it back to the dealership and it's going to be a nightmare.

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Yes, just out of warranty. We don't drive it much. We drive about 8500 miles a year. Now after the repair there's a weird noise, like a whistle. We need to take it back to the dealership and it's going to be a nightmare.
A whistle?
Sometimes I think they need to video record their work just like educational surgery

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey, I know its been a while but you had the same problem I have right now... I just had my pistons changed because somehow I broke the 3rd one, the whole engine was 'rebuilt' and I got the same whistle. They suspect the turbo but it didnt do anything like that before so I dont think it's the turbocharger... can you please tell me what was your problems? The whistle is not that pitched as a turbo does when its going on so if it is, maybe it's the bearing because it didnt had proper oil flow for a month and a half but I doubt that too... anyway, pleaaase update me so I can tell them what to look for :((

1 - 10 of 10 Posts