Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m currently waiting on CLA250 too come to dealership from Hungary to the US. What’s the normal wait time for a car being shipped from Hungary to the United States? Is there a way to track the shipping car? Last time I talked to salesman, he claimed it was shipped to the United States which was about 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
..... Last time I talked to salesman, he claimed it was shipped to the United States which was about 2 weeks ago.
If it was my money, I would sit down with my salesman, or the sales manager and ask him to get the ship's name and sail date and then I would track it with the shipping lines.
After it arrives at a US port it will spend additional time at the MB processing center before it is trucked to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I’m currently waiting on CLA250 too come to dealership from Hungary to the US. What’s the normal wait time for a car being shipped from Hungary to the United States? Is there a way to track the shipping car? Last time I talked to salesman, he claimed it was shipped to the United States which was about 2 weeks ago.
All dealerships have tracking details of their cars they placed order on. What they should be able to tell you, if the car is on the boat, and the ETA of the boat. Then there is the on-shore processing of the car when it arrives at the destination country which could take up to a week.

Thus they should be able to give you a rough ETA when your car should arrive at the dealership (barring any major delays out of their control). Basically , no matter how impatient you are to get your car, you just have to wait for the boat to travel the open seas.

Reactions: Geo K

·
Registered
225 Posts
you do know the world is in the middle of a pandemic and thing s may take a bit longer , i had to wait an extra 3 months for my car but well worth the wait

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
you do know the world is in the middle of a pandemic and thing s may take a bit longer , i had to wait an extra 3 months for my car but well worth the wait
Interesting, and the car is actually built in hungary , and it's definitely not that far to the UK, as compared with USA. I assume most of the cars from the factory in hungary, is sent to a main distribution centre (Germany?) for shipment processing?

·
Registered
225 Posts
well the uk was in lockdown and no car dealerships aloud to be open so had to wait

·
Registered
1,407 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Great (y)
So your spec 2020 is already 1 model year old and will depreciate even more as soon as you leave the dealer's driveway...just like an Audi or BMW.
[ Helps in understanding your Depreciation points you make in your current thread. ]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great (y)
So your spec 2020 is already 1 model year old and will depreciate even more as soon as you leave the dealer's driveway...just like an Audi or BMW.
[ Helps in understanding your Depreciation points you make in your current thread. ]
No I was looking at some low mileage 2020’s for sale around the US and saw that they were way under new price and decided to look at a 2020 model with the same specs as my 2021 on KBB and look at the values. I have a 2021

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts