Mercedes CLA Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
FYI ... system response issues have been ongoing since day zero of system migration
However as of today 08/13/19 need to report the following (using website on PC browser to post this):
  • always used iOS Tapatalk
  • response has dropped quite a bit examples are:
- unread listing takes >17sec to load
- timeline listing takes >46sec to load initially then >14sec for further listing updates upon scrolls
  • sometimes timeline listing never completes (e.g. still updating after only 2 scrolls as of this writing)
  • issue seems specific to this forum - NONE of the other forums I follow (under Tapatalk) have this lag
  • this forum's response was pretty much instant prior to migration (never >5sec)
Hope these are just growing pains :cool:

·
Administrator
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It this only happening in Tapatalk? I am not seeing any issues with site speed in the forum. Pages are loading almost instantly. Have you tried accessing the site from your phone browser instead of Tapatalk?

- Cricket

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
It this only happening in Tapatalk? I am not seeing any issues with site speed in the forum. Pages are loading almost instantly. Have you tried accessing the site from your phone browser instead of Tapatalk?

- Cricket
To be fair does not happen all the time on tap ... but when it does i flop over to another forum right away to make sure it is not my network and it aint
The phone browser version of course mimics the desktop interface and after some caching in its kinda ok ... not as intuitive to use and not as quick to navigate as tap
Guess i will just keep interacting on tap and report back

·
Administrator
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
How To Multi-Quote

Step 1
: Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will pop up for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor. Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.

- Cricket

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
Think I read somewhere you folks were working on fixing bugs like how pictures display ...
Well as of today 9/25:
(a) some pictures are way too large on a phone screen using tapatalk and cannot be resized
(b) going to that same post with the large picture on a pc browser shows a busted picture icon
(c) going to that same post with the large picture on a phone browser also shows a busted icon

And here are examples of a thread from the same poster over time showing:
(d) older pictures from ~7mo ago working
(e) most recent pictures showing the broken icon

(hope these two pix show up here!!)

·
Administrator
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Think I read somewhere you folks were working on fixing bugs like how pictures display ...
Well as of today 9/25:
(a) some pictures are way too large on a phone screen using tapatalk and cannot be resized
(b) going to that same post with the large picture on a pc browser shows a busted picture icon
(c) going to that same post with the large picture on a phone browser also shows a busted icon

And here are examples of a thread from the same poster over time showing:
(d) older pictures from ~7mo ago working
(e) most recent pictures showing the broken icon

(hope these two pix show up here!!)

View attachment 64917

View attachment 64918
We rolled out an update recently so this maybe related. Do you have a link to these examples?
-Philip

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
We rolled out an update recently so this maybe related. Do you have a link to these examples?
-Philip
well as of this posting seems something was kinda sorta fixed :)

so now the following examples show up ok on a pc browser ... but on tapatalk the pictures are way too large and cannot be resized etc (they were before the site update)

- this one has jpg links to site when clicked on pc browser / unresizeable huge picture on phone app

- this one has jpg download links when clicked on pc browser / unresizeable huge picture on phone app

- this one has a webp which shows ok on a pc browser / unresizeable huge picture on phone app

(at least now it's not just broken link icons)

·
Administrator
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Can you clarify for me, please?

It looks like this issue is related specifically to Tapatalk images, is that correct?

- Cricket

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
Can you clarify for me, please?

It looks like this issue is related specifically to Tapatalk images, is that correct?

- Cricket
For now, it sure seems that way.
And FYI, other forums under the same Tapatalk app are still OK with images that show up within the screen confines and can be resized as needed.

·
Administrator
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
For now, it sure seems that way.
And FYI, other forums under the same Tapatalk app are still OK with images that show up within the screen confines and can be resized as needed.
If you check web view they appear in the proper manner. Is that correct?

We have been in contact with the Tapatalk support team. Tapatalk has confirmed this is an issue on their side and it will be addressed in a future release of the app. Once Tapatalk has released a fix, this issue should be resolved by updating the app to the most current version. We don’t have an ETA for the new release.

- Cricket

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
well ... everything was fine yesterday
but today getting all sorts of access errors in tapatalk
so updated app
same issue ... cannot access forum
attempting a (re)login does not solve issues either
several other forums still work under tapatalk so dont think its their app

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
FYI these are the errors showing up as of today ... with the latest tapatalk 8.5.0 ios app

Login error

Signup error

Checked my other frequented forums on tapatalk ... those still work

·
Administrator
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Are you still getting the errors today?

We did experience an outage yesterday that was caused by a file storage location that is hosted on Google becoming inaccessible. Our team worked to restore those files to another storage location to bring impacted sites back online at approximately 10PM Eastern Time last night. We are really sorry for any inconvenience caused.

- Cricket

21 - 38 of 38 Posts