Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I've been thinking about replacing my projector headlights with the LED ones for a long time on my 2015 CLA250. The one feature I absolutely love on the new LED headlights is the blue unlock animation when you hit the unlock button on your key FOB.

The seller says that the feature isn't available for my vehicle. When asked if it was due to the year of car or firmware restrictions, the person simply said no - something is getting lost in translation (thanks Google translate!)

Do you guys think this is code depending or is it hardware/software related in the newer CLA250 that is restricted to the 2017+ facelift models? Maybe some code someone has yet to figure out?

Here's a preview of what I'm babbling about:

15474427941549485.gif

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
Have to look at the specific led die though if they bleed in power gradually that blue to white effect may just be due to the led material photo response with respect to input power ... cuz its doubtful it is multiple color led elements since that jacks up the cost and complexity
Again just conjecture until i can pick at a led element
Coding may be able to tie in unlock signal but that may mean messing with the front sam etc etc
For the led retrofits i have seen so far no welcome lighting shown ... well not yet

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have to look at the specific led die though if they bleed in power gradually that blue to white effect may just be due to the led material photo response with respect to input power ... cuz its doubtful it is multiple color led elements since that jacks up the cost and complexity
Again just conjecture until i can pick at a led element
Coding may be able to tie in unlock signal but that may mean messing with the front sam etc etc
For the led retrofits i have seen so far no welcome lighting shown ... well not yet
Not too sure because apparently with the newer builds (2017+) they already have this blue unlock feature enabled. Maybe that's why the pair of headlights costs $1300 :banghead:

What exactly does the SAM do? Would it be like the ballast? Costs to purchase the headlights is $1,300, $500 for SAM, and $400 for shipping = $2,200

They claim that the retrofit on a 2017 CLA200 halogen to LED the blue light feature is working.

Here's another video of these Welcome Home lights with the same effect:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes my 2018 CLA comes with this feature.

Not too sure because apparently with the newer builds (2017+) they already have this blue unlock feature enabled. Maybe that's why the pair of headlights costs $1300 :banghead:

What exactly does the SAM do? Would it be like the ballast? Costs to purchase the headlights is $1,300, $500 for SAM, and $400 for shipping = $2,200

They claim that the retrofit on a 2017 CLA200 halogen to LED the blue light feature is working.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hay guys came across the post think you may like what ive done feed back would be cool did xenon to led ILS upgrade and made blue lights run longer

ps never again

·
Registered
2 Posts

that my workshop lol

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
Hay guys came across the post think you may like what ive done feed back would be cool did xenon to led ILS upgrade and made blue lights run longer
Oh? What was needed for the ils in terms of coding and any extra hardware besides lamps?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts