Mercedes CLA Forum banner
581 - 600 of 627 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guess I'm first. I'm 40 years old and I live in Toronto, Canada. I'm married with one son in university. I currently drive a 2003 C-240 Elegance. It has 225,000km on it and it's time to upgrade!!!

I'm thinking of getting the CLA250 (would love it if they released a CLA350) with the premier and sports packages. Of course, it still depends on the price of the car and the packages. Would love to know more information about the CLA AMG version, if it's priced right, I may have to buy that instead.
Hello am felix from nigeria i have a cla 250 2cyl for sale i used it for a year now' if u are interested
you can ask for further information and it can be shipped over, am planning on buying another because i stay on lagos highland, it floods when it rains and i cannot drive most times

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! I'm Jeff in central Florida - have a '14 CLA 45 AMG original owner - it beat out the M235i and WRX STi at the time I was looking. Finally getting around to joining the forum. Probably see about the clutch engagement laziness and a few other issues i've had over the years... I'm a light driver an only have 19K miles on the machine. Looking forward to participating.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone. The name is Jr. I just purchased a new 2020 CLA 250. I’m hoping to find a lot of support and performance mods here on the forum. I know there isn’t much out for this car yet but, i do have an appointment next week with Race Chip to use my car as a tester. So hopefully they will have a chip for all the 2020 CLA owners soon that is made for the states. If you guys know of any mods let me know and let’s discuss because I’m interested in getting them. I also have a GLC 43 and some classic cars. I don’t know what else to say.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello all! Just bought my first grown up car this weekend. It's a 2016 CLA 250 4matic with only 14500 miles on the odo that looks absolutely pristine. Looking to do little things like upgrade wheels and maybe some light under hood tinkering and this forum looks like a great knowledge resource. If my first impression on the Mercedes brand continues I'll be a customer for life!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys! I'm Juha from southern Finland, I just last weekend bought 2015 model cla250 shooting brake 4matic. I earlier had couple of clk Benzes and now happy driving with cla. After few years of boring cars this car is real fun to drive.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mercedes-benz Automotive design

·
Registered
2016 CLA 45 Shooting Brake
1 Posts
Hi all :)
Living in Melbourne Australia so quite some distance from so many of you. Have had my CLA 45 Shooting Brake for almost 3 years now and not finding anywhere enough time to drive it around but love it when i do. Upgraded from a good old VW Passat so family car to more of a fun car.

·
Registered
2005 BMW M3 | 2008 BMW 335i
1 Posts
Hi guys. Im Sean and obviously new to the group. I appologize in advanced for the long intro but I'm long winded and detailed. I'm also new to the though of owning a MB. I've had a BMW 3 series of various types over the last 8-9 years BUT as I look to get a new daily, I am looking for something different. Currently have an 05 M3 and 08 335i.

In my search to possibly replace my 08 335i(twin turbo I6) I was looking for something with a more modern look, usable space, updated interior and tech, somewhat special trim or model, at least just as fast, but not going to break the bank as far as price and maintenance(relative to BMW maintenance). I also own my own mobile detailing business so I want something that is going to make a impact when it is seen out and about. So I'm looking for something different and special. The M3 draws attention everywhere so thats hard company to beat.

After doing a little research the 14-15 CLA 45 is a pretty awesome choice on paper. Its probably the best car to buy under $30K right now. My other choice was a BMW 340i M Sport which is a great performer but I think I need a change of scenery. The new BMWs just dont do it for me. Very bland compared to the insanity of my tuned 335 or the raw 8,200rpm redline of my M3. I really wanted a new CLA 45 but for that price(no options) i'm in new Porsche 718 Cayman, C43 and lightly used C63 and M3 territory.

I think for under 30k, I can live with some of the shortcomings. Hear the early year transmissions are rough, suspension is stiff which I like, the tiny infotainment screen is horrible but I think I've found some possible upgrades online.

What I NEED help with, and why I am on this forum, is the performance potential of this platform. There is surprisingly very little US/English videos and following on youtube. The aftermarket seems to be restricted to racechip and Weistec products. I've seen a few vidoes in Europe with guys claiming 500-800hp on these cars. Weistec claims 100hp gains from just a downpipe. I've had turbo cars for 12 years and DPs net you the most bang for buck but 100hp even with a tune, it does not do. 40-60 most times. I'm not sure how much room the stock turbo has left to increase boost before it becomes inefficient. I see one turbo upgrade option. Not sure how much boost the internals and TQ tansmission can handle and who are the go to tuners. Not a fan of piggybacks and OTS maps.

The goal isn't for it to be a dyno queen but if I can get in to this platform at $25k-$30k, add another 3-5k in exhaust, tuning, cooling, and maybe a turbo, hit mid 400whp, and drive it from NYC to the Carolinas if I need too, its perfect.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone. Clark from Southern Maine. I just bought this 2019 CLA 250 4Matic. First real adault car and first care i've owned newer than a 2006. Whole new world of bells and whistles to learn. Was waiting to put some nicer rims and tint before posting any photos. Also have found the Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Facebook group to be very active and helpful.

Mods so far = Tint 35% front driver & front passenger windows & 5% back and rear. Wheels - Rohana RFX11 gloss black 19x8.5 +42 w/ Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 235/35ZR19 no rubbing problems, just having issues getting the car to read new TPMS.

Future mods are possibly "murdering it out" with a chrome delete. and i really like the look of a large duck-tail - similar to the new 2020 supra

581 - 600 of 627 Posts