• Patagonia Red

Votes: 17 5.1%
  • Magno Polar Silver

Votes: 14 4.2%
181 - 200 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Join the club, Northern Lights Violet is, like the Universe Blue and Cocoa Brown, a color only chosen by the boldest.
NLV rocks.
Cocoa Brown is an acquired taste. I'm generally not a fan of turd colored cars but, done right, they can look awesome.
Universe Blue...is...an...interesting,,,color. It had the potential to be so much more...if it was a different color.

-Eric

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
NLV rocks.
Cocoa Brown is an acquired taste. I'm generally not a fan of turd colored cars but, done right, they can look awesome.
Universe Blue...is...an...interesting,,,color. It had the potential to be so much more...if it was a different color.

-Eric
C'mob, fess up: Have you actually seen a car that's this color? In person?

No shame in admitting you've only seen pics or (worse) artist representations.
I've only seen three Universe Blue CLAs on the street, and that's in a major market.

Oh yeah, and one of 'em was mine. And another was at the dealership.

·
Registered
11,852 Posts
Oh yeah it was NLV or nothing for me. As for UB is was a very close second as it was a stunning color at night. Had all the other colors before and the one I really wanted at first (patagonia red) never made the cut.

·
Registered
645 Posts
The blue looked great. But have to say nothing looks better than black ( yes I enjoy washing my car. It's relaxing mind soothing work).

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
C'mob, fess up: Have you actually seen a car that's this color? In person?

No shame in admitting you've only seen pics or (worse) artist representations.
I've only seen three Universe Blue CLAs on the street, and that's in a major market.

Oh yeah, and one of 'em was mine. And another was at the dealership.
I'm not ashamed to admit the truth...

Yes, I've seen NLV and UB in person. I stand by my opinions of them. NLV is so dark that I've confused it with black in certain light. In direct sunlight, however, you can more readily see the bright purple in the paint. It's a cool color. UB...well...I know some people like it and it's not the worst color I've ever seen but, suffice it to say, I was disappointed by it. I was hoping UB would have been closer to the Blue Pearl that Subaru uses on the WRX or even BMW's Yas Marina Blue on the M3. Something about UB was lackluster...to me, at least.

I've only seen Cocoa Brown in pictures but I've seen other late model Mercedes "browns" in person (e.g., on the E and S Class cars). As I said earlier, I'm just not a fan of brown cars but I have been surprised by some that look quite good (when done right). I never meant to suggest that any of those were CLAs...just brown in general. Like I said, brown is an acquired taste -- one I haven't acquired, btw.

-Eric

·
Registered
2,080 Posts

·
Registered
11,852 Posts
Heard theres a new sharp green coming out ... and ditching the pretty light blue ... maybe we should request they do a racing copper metallic! ?

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I've seen a few universe blues in San Diego or it might be the same ones that I keep seeing on my commute. It's a unique color and I think it looks pretty good but it's not my first, second or even third choice in color. I do wonder why MB doesn't have a true solid metalic blue color for the CLA. I'm sure that color is going to pop up soon.

Ditto on the brown or turd color cars :)

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
I've seen a few universe blues in San Diego or it might be the same ones that I keep seeing on my commute. It's a unique color and I think it looks pretty good but it's not my first, second or even third choice in color. I do wonder why MB doesn't have a true solid metalic blue color for the CLA. I'm sure that color is going to pop up soon.

Ditto on the brown or turd color cars :)
They seem to have reserved bright blue for the electric model. Maybe that's the plan, to make it easily distinguishable.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
maybe :)

and guess what? I saw a universe blue CLA (maybe the same one) on the way to work again! Even snapped a quick pic. I will say the color stands out and I honestly feel the CLA looks great in any color.

Reactions: Sue Esponte

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
It looks different/unique in Northern Lights Violet.

Can you imagine a matte Universal Blue. That would be hot.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Wait till they bring over metallic racing green ...
ha! that I would love to see. I'd like to have a car with that color. :cool2:

·
Registered
2,463 Posts

Reactions: Sue Esponte
181 - 200 of 223 Posts