Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1436 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen these types of threads on other forums and I figured it would be interesting to see what people posted here.
Just fill in whatever you done to your CLA today. If its a modification, washed it, drove, anything chime in. Could be a fun thread to see peoples progress/activity.

To start things off, I installed the lip tail that I bought on eBay.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Very windy, rainy day. I keep checking mine out in the garage (keeping it safe & dry), used my wife's Kia Forte today, lol

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Rained over the weekend so I quick detailed it and wiped down the interior and cleaned the glass. All sparkly and shiny

·
Registered
61 Posts
I hesitate to admit this, but I took my car through an auto car wash this weekend. I can't be the only one who does this, right? I have read the warnings about swirls and whorls, but don't have a trustworthy detailer nearby -- or the time, skill or motivation to do it myself -- so must choose between driving a filthy car and the weekly trip to the Torture Chamber. The one I use allegedly specializes in luxury vehicles and uses gentle soap and lambswool, and they dry the cars by hand.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I hesitate to admit this, but I took my car through an auto car wash this weekend. I can't be the only one who does this, right? I have read the warnings about swirls and whorls, but don't have a trustworthy detailer nearby -- or the time, skill or motivation to do it myself -- so must choose between driving a filthy car and the weekly trip to the Torture Chamber. The one I use allegedly specializes in luxury vehicles and uses gentle soap and lambswool, and they dry the cars by hand.
By no means are you the only who does this lol.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I have the best of both worlds. My Father's day gift from my wonderful children, every year, is unlimited car washes at my local detail shop. Hand washed and dried. They clay bar and hand wax my car quarterly. My three year old, about to be replaced with my '15 CLA, Genesis looks better than the day I got it. Don't give up on finding a place that hand washes.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I use auto car wash from the start. Swirls are going to happen, no matter what you do, unless you have too much time on your hands to worry over a car so much. Even if swirls come there are things that can minimize it or you can even wrap the car. I've had mine for a year, many washes, so far only swirls on the black plastic parts.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I don't feel like such a Bad Mom anymore! My last two cars were silver and hid many sins but I worry more about the Cosmos black.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Opticoat and auto car wash with mild detergent. Car looks great.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I don't feel like such a Bad Mom anymore! My last two cars were silver and hid many sins but I worry more about the Cosmos black.
Bad mom?

Moms with kids are the last persons on this earth who care about keeping cars look prestine. They can't, it will be too overwhelming.

It is usually guys with OCDs treat their cars like their own kids;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Bad mom?

Moms with kids are the last persons on this earth who care about keeping cars look prestine. They can't, it will be too overwhelming.

It is usually guys with OCDs treat their cars like their own kids;)
Lol -- bad analogy, I suppose. The car IS my only baby. My offspring is old enough to detail it for me but then I'd probably have to let him drive it. The auto car wash is the safer bet.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Opticoat and auto car wash with mild detergent. Car looks great.
Does the dealership do Opticoat? I got upsold into TST paint protection by my dealer. Paint looks the same -- not like some of the super shiny pics I have seen on this forum. TST is supposed to protect the paint without wax for five years but I am not convinced and wish I had done some research before signing up for that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
1. Took my designo magno polar silver baby back to the dealer to have the rear passenger side muffler insert replaced. It was tarnished just after a couple weeks of purchasing.
2. Dealer scratched the trunk down to the metal whne they removed the cla 250 lettering... so now they have to repaint the whole trunk... you cant touch up matte paint.
3. Dealer had to send the car out to a professional detailer as mb matte paint sealant caused streaks and blemishes on the paint..

I think thats exciting enough for today....

1 - 20 of 1436 Posts
About this Discussion
1.4K Replies
179 Participants
jmc
Mercedes CLA Forum
We’re a community dedicated to the Mercedes-Benz CLA & CLA45 AMG. We offer CLA pictures, technical discussions, and more from owners across the world.
Full Forum Listing