Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1381 - 1400 of 1445 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
I used to pull up next to Porsches with 2 foot tall letters on the door proclaiming the marque and gesture for them to roll their windows down so that I could ax, "What kinda car is that anyhow?"

They were always eager to tell me.

I'd ponder for a moment, and reply, "Maybe you should get a bigger sign."

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Hahaha, I figured for under $10 it would be neat to see how it looked. I was born after the 80s, so I wouldn't know. Maybe time is circular? :haha:
You never know, what's old can be new again. Just look at all the "retro" designs of new cars lately.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I did the "exhaust valve mode". now it is always open.

I don't have an extra plug the seal the connector, so i did it with heat shrink tube, seems to works fine !

It add a bit more sound/rumble below 3k RPM when you accelerate (no full throttle). The pops seems a bit louder on downshift too.

0910171846a.jpg

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Got gas for my CLA and had to use 87 octane since I couldn't locate any 93 octane gas in Austin. :( This has been a problem since Hurricane Harvey.
oh my goodness ... a temporary solution is get some (hopefully MMT free) octane booster
and just for this tank if at all possible ... then use it all up (quickly) and refill with 93

may area recovery be swift and may normalcy return soon!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Got gas for my CLA and had to use 87 octane since I couldn't locate any 93 octane gas in Austin. :( This has been a problem since Hurricane Harvey.
Austin still doesn't have premium? SA has premium now but when it had first started, I had to do a mix of what I had left of 93 and then 87.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Austin still doesn't have premium? SA has premium now but when it had first started, I had to do a mix of what I had left of 93 and then 87.
Can you get a bottle of octane boost to temporarily raise the octane level till they get 93?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Paddle shifter extensions from China lol not too shabby i think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
I like them. Where did you get them?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I just had the "A" service (50,000 miles) done. This is the last of the pre-paid maintenence so the next one I'll have to pay out of pocket. Need to start to look for a good independent shop because I'm not going to pay $250 for an oil change, new wipers, and fluids getting topped off. I can do all that myself for under $100 now that I think about it.

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
I just had the "A" service (50,000 miles) done. This is the last of the pre-paid maintenence so the next one I'll have to pay out of pocket. Need to start to look for a good independent shop because I'm not going to pay $250 for an oil change, new wipers, and fluids getting topped off. I can do all that myself for under $100 now that I think about it.
Hell yeah! DYI service costs (may2014~aug2017) is tipping the scales at $401.38 over here ... including those really short 5K oil change intervals, the service A,B items (good grief the old wiper blades and filters all still look good dammit!!), gasoline conditioning enzymes, etc etc etc

Now factoring in DYI labor and electricity ... geee ... tack on another $1500?
But at least I know it's done correctly and no extra unnecessary scratches to my paint, gouges in my leather, fingerprints, bla bla bla
So I will consider the hidden costs "peace of mind fees" .... :cool:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Hell yeah! DYI service costs (may2014~aug2017) is tipping the scales at $401.38 over here ... including those really short 5K oil change intervals, the service A,B items (good grief the old wiper blades and filters all still look good dammit!!), gasoline conditioning enzymes, etc etc etc

Now factoring in DYI labor and electricity ... geee ... tack on another $1500?
But at least I know it's done correctly and no extra unnecessary scratches to my paint, gouges in my leather, fingerprints, bla bla bla
So I will consider the hidden costs "peace of mind fees" .... :cool:
I had my $199 50K Service A recently. I'm doing my own oil change thereafter since I'm out of warranty anyway. Already bought my Rhino ramps..which is useless since the car is too low lol

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I had similar ones, it's beautiful, but I do not really like the feel to the touch. The rear is flat, there is not place to properly grab the paddle, like to the one.

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
I had similar ones, it's beautiful, but I do not really like the feel to the touch. The rear is flat, there is not place to properly grab the paddle, like to the one.
I also went through a few of the add on versions but just did not look or feel right ... and the set screws would ding the oem paddles
So I went through that messy route of frankensteining a custom set
Use them every time I roll 😊

1381 - 1400 of 1445 Posts