Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1401 - 1420 of 1445 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I had similar ones, it's beautiful, but I do not really like the feel to the touch. The rear is flat, there is not place to properly grab the paddle, like to the one.
I agree. It's more of an eye candy. Kinda feels awkward when using the paddles. It's easier to paddle-shift when @ the 8-4 position though.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I also went through a few of the add on versions but just did not look or feel right ... and the set screws would ding the oem paddles
So I went through that messy route of frankensteining a custom set
Use them every time I roll 😊
Time to show those frankensteined set!!

·
Registered
219 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Installed this blanket the other day, very good quality item from PTPTurboblankets out of Texas.
Curious to see if temperatures around the air box are lowered at all?
HEY that's looks good. I see that they incorporated some of my suggestions when I tested it for them. As for intake temps, I don't know if it lowered them but it did lower under Hood temps. Did you install over the top of the factory sheild?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Good deal. I had to do the same thing...was another excuse to go to the hardware store��

·
Registered
39 Posts
Long time Autocrosser first time in the CLA 45 AMG.
I was an Instructor at our annual "Learning Curve" Autocross School this weekend in Chicago. On the 2nd day we run a full Autocross for both the students and the instructors. I drove my (new to me) 2014 CLA 45 AMG on all-season Conti's and it didn't suck! :)
I got lots of compliments on the car and noticed a number walking past then walking back with their phone out snapping a pic.
Had a fun time feeling out the car, next weekend is our first Autocross of the 2018 season. I'll still be on the all-season Conti's so I don't expect to place anywhere, but it will be good seat time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Autocross in the cold and rain.

We had our first SCCA-Chicago Region Autocross of the season yesterday (Sunday April 15th) in less than ideal conditions. The temp was a steady 35F and we had near constant rain all day long. However it was great weather to be driving a CLA 45 AMG on all seasons. I came 1st in my class (B Street) and finished 4th overall (on PAX). Here is a video of my best run of the day.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I hardwired installed a ROAV C1 Pro dash cam by adding an inline fuse to the cigarette lighter. Process wasn't bad. I'm pleased, but haven't figured out how to mute the device itself (it speaks on start and when the ignition is tuned off. Not a major gripe bad but a bit annoying.)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Installed willall ecu, k&n pod filter, exhaust valve bypass plug...... huge difference, loads of induction roar and spool up 🤪

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thats pretty cool ... what cam / software are you using?
Its a Garmin Virb Ultra 30, editing was done in the Garmin Virb software. The camera connects to a Blue Tooth OBD2 dongle and collects data along with the data from the camera's sensors. You can customize the gauges somewhat, color, size, position and add things like the AMG Logo.

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
I hardwired installed a ROAV C1 Pro dash cam by adding an inline fuse to the cigarette lighter. Process wasn't bad. I'm pleased, but haven't figured out how to mute the device itself (it speaks on start and when the ignition is tuned off. Not a major gripe bad but a bit annoying.)
Wheres that micro snipper when you need one to cut a tiny speaker wire?

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Its a Garmin Virb Ultra 30, editing was done in the Garmin Virb software. The camera connects to a Blue Tooth OBD2 dongle and collects data along with the data from the camera's sensors. You can customize the gauges somewhat, color, size, position and add things like the AMG Logo.
Appreciate the info. The overlay is pretty cool.

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
recall those aluminum air vent accent rings?
after some years they seem to be fading (well at least the outboard ones)
and their anodized surface is looking plain compared to the stock textured "bling" surface
though i do like the reddish hues those rings provided
so as Eric suggested a while back i took the vents apart and tried some holiday red spray paint
came out pretty well :cool:

Vent_TrimColor.JPG

1401 - 1420 of 1445 Posts