Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What available exterior colour would pair well w/ the "Brown Leather" interior option? FWIW, it's a coffee/nut/taupe type of "brown" colour, as-per the pics.

I really like that interior, but for the life of me- I can't pair it w/ any of the exterior colours offered (other than black, which I don't want... for the time being)! :eek:

Also, I noted in various pics of that interior, the dash is "brown" in one pic but then black in another pic. Any idea? (I'll try to link/attach the pics when I can)

And MB can/will offer a custom colour choice (from their available colours for other models), obviously for an added surcharge/premium. I'm not necessarily adverse to this, but I'd prefer to stick w/ the available colours for the CLA, as to not further delay the presumable September delivery.

·
Registered
984 Posts
What available exterior colour would pair well w/ the "Brown Leather" interior option? FWIW, it's a coffee/nut/taupe type of "brown" colour, as-per the pics.

I really like that interior, but for the life of me- I can't pair it w/ any of the exterior colours offered (other than black, which I don't want... for the time being)! :eek:

Also, I noted in various pics of that interior, the dash is "brown" in one pic but then black in another pic. Any idea? (I'll try to link/attach the pics when I can)

And MB can/will offer a custom colour choice (from their available colours for other models), obviously for an added surcharge/premium. I'm not necessarily adverse to this, but I'd prefer to stick w/ the available colours for the CLA, as to not further delay the presumable September delivery.
White, Mountain Grey and Northern Lights Violet I think would all go well with nut brown/coffee brown interior.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Brown is an earth tone color, and naturally goes well with brown, champaigne and tan colors. But Mercedes isn't offering any of those colors for the CLA. It generally doesn't look good with metallic colors such as silver or grey. I think brown looks good with white. Possibly OK with red and black. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
984 Posts
JoeyO,

I just had a great idea. When I was looking at Cayennes a year ago it was hard for me to find the color combo I wanted WITHOUT a brown interior. So... I found this Cayenne on eBay and it gives you an idea of what white exterior looks like with dark brown interior:

Porsche : Cayenne Turbo Cayenn in Porsche | eBay Motors

But... take it a step further and use Porsche's online build tool and build yourself a Cayenne with different exterior colors and brown interior and it will at least give you an idea of how the colors go together?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I like the brown interior the best myself so you guys think it does look good wit hthe grey paint thats what I was leaning towards or white with the brown interior.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So, here's where I have been & where I am trending...

Originally, I was keen towards Mountain Grey w/ black leather interior.

Then, I played w/ the dealer configurator/PDF & moved towards Universe Blue w/ brown leather interior.

Now, I am feeling the Northern Lights Violet w/ brown leather interior.

I think I'll stay w/ this combo, unless I find the MB "purple" finish to be a bit much on a daily basis (too polarizing) or it's a detailing hassle (like black).

I'd love to be able to see Northern Lights Violet in the showroom (artificial lights), outside in natural daylight & then in direct sunlight, and night-time, etc.

White, Mountain Grey and Northern Lights Violet I think would all go well with nut brown/coffee brown interior.
My shortlisted trio of colours as well to aptly pair w/ the Nut/Coffee brown leather interior!

Brown is an earth tone color, and naturally goes well with brown, champaigne and tan colors. But Mercedes isn't offering any of those colors for the CLA. It generally doesn't look good with metallic colors such as silver or grey. I think brown looks good with white. Possibly OK with red and black. Just my opinion.
Well said, I believe you've just reiterated that I'm in my 30s going on my 60s... ha!

Red, huh... interesting! The red + black combo would be my default if I was 10+ yrs younger. It'd remind me of the BMW E30/E36 era that I looked at from afar, always wanted a red +black 318i/325is in the early '90s.

JoeyO,

I just had a great idea. When I was looking at Cayennes a year ago it was hard for me to find the color combo I wanted WITHOUT a brown interior. So... I found this Cayenne on eBay and it gives you an idea of what white exterior looks like with dark brown interior:

Porsche : Cayenne Turbo Cayenn in Porsche | eBay MotorsBut... take it a step further and use Porsche's online build tool and build yourself a Cayenne with different exterior colors and brown interior and it will at least give you an idea of how the colors go together?
Great idea, I'm gonna play around w/ various MB (and the like) configurators.

I like the brown interior the best myself so you guys think it does look good wit hthe grey paint thats what I was leaning towards or white with the brown interior.
I love white myself... but I think dark grey and brown would be fine together.
The dark grey finish is arguably the best for showcasing the CLA's form. I just wished I didn't already have similar coloured car, grrr! :D

·
Registered
515 Posts
yeah its nice agreed... but need to see this in person to make my final decision... so far black, but the crystal grey could win out or even the beige... decisions decisions... lol
buts its all fun... for the anticipation is greater than the realization... or something like that!
i do love the dashboard alot! totally awesome like in a fighter pilot lol

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
View attachment 216
Close up of Coffee Brown
Nice share, thanks! Here's another image I've come across here, it shows more of a 2-tone effect (dash & door-panels)...

I want the 2-tone effect (dash & door-panels). With such little information and/or confirmation out there, it's been a challenge to decide.

My questions below are keeping me from finalizing a build & giving a deposit to the dealer (to ensure September delivery)! :eek:

- the standard climate-control will be automatic (like the optional Premium package dual-zone climate-control)...?

- the optional Brown leather will be a 2-tone interior w/ the dash & upper door-panels w/ the brown leather & contrast-stitching (like the pic I've attached)...?

- there will be standard power-seats for both driver & front passenger, along w/ memory-seats function...?

- the non-labeled Bose standard sound-system will have an aux. input jack (for MP3/iPhone media)...?

- what's the "iPod/MP3 Media Interface" of the Premium package do over an aux. input jack...?

- is there an input to the standard 5" LCD display...?

- what's the stand-alone option "Rear Spoiler" look like (is it roof-spoiler or trunklid-spoiler)...?

- what's the Universe blue finish look like in the real-world...?

- how much are the stand-alone option "Illuminated Door Sills"...?

And only (1) answer I've found for another question...

* the standard halogen headlight will not have a projector headlamp (it will be a reflector), and it won't have the LED DRL (like the optional Bi-Xenon headlight)...!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Mama Mia thats a Big order! ...im trying to patiently wait til Sept to see the car, unless it arrives sooner here in california...will keep my ears and eyes open to find more answers... sort of like Dick Tracy... lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
* the standard halogen headlight will not have a projector headlamp (it will be a reflector), and it won't have the LED DRL (like the optional Bi-Xenon headlight)...!
The standard halogens are not coming with the LED DRL's which makes the front sooo sexy ...... only makes the Bi-Xenon package for $850 even that more a MUST HAVE !!!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The standard halogens not coming with the LED DRL's which makes the front sooo sexy ...... only makes the Bi-Xenon package for $850 even that more a MUST HAVE !!!
Yups, well said. The ~$850 Bi-Xenon headlights become a no-brainer for the high-quality projectors & HID lights along w/ the very, very neat LED DRLs (which I believe are white for regular function & amber for turn-signal function)!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Whatever interior you guys get, just make sure it's the leather and not the "MB-Tex" or "Artico" as they call it in Europe, because it cracks in about 1-2 years at stress points. The old B Class used Artico on the side bolsters of the Turbo model and the forums are rife with reports of upholstery splitting and the dealers calling it, in some cases, "normal wear and tear". Of course if they were getting a leased car back, they would be singing a different tune.... This is not the MB-Tex of the W123 series.....

In the German ordering guide, the brown leather (which is the best colour IMO) goes with virtually all the offered colours. I would get it with the Universal Blue.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts