Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2020 Cla. What type of fuel must I be using? We have v power in my country but I don’t think it’s up to the highest quality required. In that case, do I need to purchase a fuel injector? Can anyone advice on this pls.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Welcome to the CLA Forum Fred :)
a) Are you the first owner of your CLA?
b) What city are you near?
c) Which model is yours?
d) What symptoms makes you suspect a fuel quality issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the CLA Forum Fred :)
a) Are you the first owner of your CLA?
b) What city are you near?
c) Which model is yours?
d) What symptoms makes you suspect a fuel quality issue?
Hi

Yes I’m a first time owner and user of the cla. I’m moving from a Kia so this is entirely new.
My car is shipped to Accra, Ghana.
model is the cla 250,2020
There are no issues. I just want to be 100 percent sure of what to use when it arrives next week. Also, I’m aware that fuel in Ghana isn’t the highest quality

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
a) Was it previously owned or are did you buy it new from MB?
If you are buying it from a private owner, in which country was he living and driving?
In general, your CLA requires the highest octane fuel available. One clue for you would be to determine which brands are being used by other premium car owners, or the MB dealer near you, such as Mercedes-Benz Ghana at Silver Star Tower on Liberation Rd., in Accra, 233-24-433-4273.
Another Ghana CLA member near you will see this and also comment further.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Th
a) Was it previously owned or are did you buy it new from MB?
If you are buying it from a private owner, in which country was he living and driving?
In general, your CLA requires the highest octane fuel available. One clue for you would be to determine which brands are being used by other premium car owners, or the MB dealer near you, such as Mercedes-Benz Ghana at Silver Star Tower on Liberation Rd., in Accra, 233-24-433-4273.
Another Ghana CLA member near you will see this and also comment further.
very good feedback, much appreciated. It was used in California I think for a year. No issues WhatsOver. I’ll research on the octante levels and check with other users /silver star. Thanks !

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Also Fred, suggest you enter the VIN # at
www.carfax.com
to learn the history of your CLA.

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Looks like “ron 95” in ghana should do ... which is the shell v power supposedly
That seems to be closest to the “aki 91” we use here
Though if there is “ron 97” or “ron 98” to try that would be like our “aki 93” which several of us have noted as yielding a little more usable power and better mpg

Interesting tidbit about a group in ghana phasing out ron 91 at their stations ... hmmm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts