Mercedes CLA Forum banner

441 - 454 of 454 Posts

·
Registered
10,974 Posts
Surprising ... 95ron for all and 98ron only for the amgs? Figured they would run 98 for everything since 98ron is approx 91aki here across the pond and 91 is specd for all

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, but that requires a flux capacitor and gigawatts.:shock:

So lets not be distracted and lets get back on topic. The new question that now begs to be answered is...............
does a flux capacitor produce more energy on 87 octane plutonium or 93 octane plutonium.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use esso 93 or metro 94. I noticed on the first Gen CLA (2017) it made a a difference. on the new cla (2020) 93-94 is the same. but there is a small difference when using 91. The engine sounds a bit grumpier when using higher octanes to people outside of the car. I also notice a difference when traveling at speeds above 140kmh when using higher octanes.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Always used 91 octane ethanol-free premium from Costco Canada, sometimes Esso 91 (also ethanol free).

·
Registered
367 Posts
corn free? i am so jealous .........
Do you have the Pure Gas App for your phone? It will tell you of any non-ethanol stations in your area. It also has a GPS feature so it will bring you to the one you choose. If you find a station that offers it that's not listed you can add it to the app. I do try to stay with only top tier brands though. In New England some Valero and Sunoco stations offer it. I hear BP also offers it. There is a chain in upstate New York & PA called Stewarts that have it but, I don't know if it's a Top Tier gas.

·
Registered
10,974 Posts
Yes sir! I do use that app. The closest joint is about 30min away ... so one of these days guess where I am going
In the meantime I dump in 25mL of enzyme every time I fill the tank to prevent phase separation as sometimes its a couple months between pump visits

·
Registered
2020 cla250
8 Posts
Do you have the Pure Gas App for your phone? It will tell you of any non-ethanol stations in your area. It also has a GPS feature so it will bring you to the one you choose. If you find a station that offers it that's not listed you can add it to the app. I do try to stay with only top tier brands though. In New England some Valero and Sunoco stations offer it. I hear BP also offers it. There is a chain in upstate New York & PA called Stewarts that have it but, I don't know if it's a Top Tier gas.
Thank you for the app suggestion!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys,iv got a message on my dash saying reverse not possible consult workshop,iv had it come up 7months and took it to mercede and now it's apperd again anyone know how this could be fixed the proper way.the transmission updates did not fix the problem would appreciate if you guys could help I'm in Sydney Australia.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Welcome Nick :)
Suggest that your first step should be to check for codes and report back here with the list with definitions.
Other members may have additional suggestions based on their own experiences.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys, I have a cla45amg 2014 iv allways had this problem were it has a sluggish take off it's like it takes of in second gear can this problem be fixed can anyone help please.

441 - 454 of 454 Posts