·
Registered
12,506 Posts
Bummer isnt it? I miss real gasoline
Corn syrup just dont belong in a combustion chamber

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
In Canada, Shell 91, Esso 91, Mobil 91, Costco 91, and Chevron 94 is ethanol free.

Thus far, I have mostly put in ethanol free gasoline into my CLA.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Comparing amongst the different gasoline used in my CLA, I feel that for 91 octane, nothing beats Shell.

But after running Chevron 94 octane in my CLA for two tanks, the smoothness and fuel economy can't be beat.

Reactions: Picard

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Comparing amongst the different gasoline used in my CLA, I feel that for 91 octane, nothing beats Shell.

But after running Chevron 94 octane in my CLA for two tanks, the smoothness and fuel economy can't be beat.
I agree. I only put V-power on mine. Chevron 91 is ok but engine feels just a little harsher.

I sure wish we had 93 or 94 here in sin city.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I agree. I only put V-power on mine. Chevron 91 is ok but engine feels just a little harsher.

I sure wish we had 93 or 94 here in sin city.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
But from what I understand about gasoline in the US, even the Shell 91 is with 10% ethanol.

Canada 91 octane is mostly ethanol free , except Chevron 91.

·
Registered
410 Posts
But from what I understand about gasoline in the US, even the Shell 91 is with 10% ethanol.

Canada 91 octane is mostly ethanol free , except Chevron 91.
Yes, in the U.S. our politicians have tried to win over the farmers' vote by mandating our fuel has 10% ethanol under the guise of slowing Global Warming by using a "renewable fuel". Economically, ecologically and practically it's B.S. The only non-ethanol you'll get here is from specifically posted pumps and some stations. As mentioned before there is an app called PureGas that you can download on your phone to I.D. the stations with non-ethanol.

·
Registered
12,506 Posts
Yup ... like I said ... no corn syrup please
But the enzyme additive so far has prevented phase separation and a recent full power run says thats working thank goodness

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Age old question AND answer as shown by the 470 comments above!
The answer is the same as "What do you feed and care for your pets?" and "...your spouse...children...etc.?"
Answer:> " The best available! " Same should apply to fuel, maintenance, oil, etc. unless you just don't care that much.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I have been running Chevron 94 in both my CLA and GLA vehicles, and have to say, it's the best gasoline, even better than the Shell Nitro+ 91. smooth idling and also good fuel mileage.

Reactions: Geo K

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Shell V- Power 99 octane in mine

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
I think that's 91 or 92 octane equivalent in North America; but not equivalent to 94 octane in North America.

·
Registered
32 Posts
In Europe you can get 101 but not so easy to find in the uk. But it has always made me wonder why your cars are so much more down on power compared to Europe, maybe it's something to do with emissions?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've have always wondered why your CLA 45s cars are almost 40hp down on power compared to us in UK and Europe, is it for emissions reason or fuel, or something else?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I've have always wondered why your CLA 45s cars are almost 40hp down on power compared to us in UK and Europe, is it for emissions reason or fuel, or something else?
On MB UK site the 2021 rating is 421HP and 0-62MPH in 4.0 sec.
On the MB USA site ..."..........".....382HP and 0-60MPH in 4.0 sec.
*Your mission for the CLAForum, should you decide to accept it NJK 1969, :)
is to determine how a 39HP difference in engines can possibly have little difference in 0-60, 62 seconds timing.
Is it because of a difference in definitions/testing standards for the Euro market?
Does it really matter one way or the other?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Also NJK 1969, As you get into this question, note the EU Directives re: the HP measurements, which have possible tax implications and therefore are a factor in how Mercedes markets their products in different countries.
> Horsepower - Wikipedia

·
Registered
410 Posts
In many instances car makers were know to under-state their HP ratings to escape penalties and taxes from "Big Brother" and higher rates from insurance companies for the consumer. Mazda has been known for this for many years. Harley Davidson no longer lists it's HP ratings on their motorcycles only torque stats.

461 - 480 of 517 Posts