·
Registered
11,551 Posts
Bummer isnt it? I miss real gasoline
Corn syrup just dont belong in a combustion chamber

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
In Canada, Shell 91, Esso 91, Mobil 91, Costco 91, and Chevron 94 is ethanol free.

Thus far, I have mostly put in ethanol free gasoline into my CLA.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Comparing amongst the different gasoline used in my CLA, I feel that for 91 octane, nothing beats Shell.

But after running Chevron 94 octane in my CLA for two tanks, the smoothness and fuel economy can't be beat.

Reactions: Picard

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Comparing amongst the different gasoline used in my CLA, I feel that for 91 octane, nothing beats Shell.

But after running Chevron 94 octane in my CLA for two tanks, the smoothness and fuel economy can't be beat.
I agree. I only put V-power on mine. Chevron 91 is ok but engine feels just a little harsher.

I sure wish we had 93 or 94 here in sin city.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I agree. I only put V-power on mine. Chevron 91 is ok but engine feels just a little harsher.

I sure wish we had 93 or 94 here in sin city.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
But from what I understand about gasoline in the US, even the Shell 91 is with 10% ethanol.

Canada 91 octane is mostly ethanol free , except Chevron 91.

·
Registered
376 Posts
But from what I understand about gasoline in the US, even the Shell 91 is with 10% ethanol.

Canada 91 octane is mostly ethanol free , except Chevron 91.
Yes, in the U.S. our politicians have tried to win over the farmers' vote by mandating our fuel has 10% ethanol under the guise of slowing Global Warming by using a "renewable fuel". Economically, ecologically and practically it's B.S. The only non-ethanol you'll get here is from specifically posted pumps and some stations. As mentioned before there is an app called PureGas that you can download on your phone to I.D. the stations with non-ethanol.

·
Registered
11,551 Posts
Yup ... like I said ... no corn syrup please
But the enzyme additive so far has prevented phase separation and a recent full power run says thats working thank goodness

461 - 468 of 468 Posts