Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi folks... seems some of us here are still not Exactly sure 100% buying CLA
so my question to you is what is your next choice?
mine would be a 2013 White Honda Accord Coupe loaded for the same price i would pay for CLA entry level... power seats push button start moon roof spoilers navi two tone interior..
but thats just a what if? i do love the CLA, but just making posts here to stimulate our conversations and for us to wait out the time until September...
im enclosing a link to the Honda i would get if CLA for some strange reason fizzels out...
--------------
--------
....only if CLA goes bonkers with me i would get this model... the White is a Pearl and is nice... the Black is great too... not crazy over the silver even though i like that color..
(i dont work for Honda and im not promoting this car, just in case you thought i was some kinda double agent around here... lol)

·
Registered
730 Posts
hi folks... seems some of us here are still not Exactly sure 100% buying CLA
so my question to you is what is your next choice?
mine would be a 2013 White Honda Accord Coupe loaded for the same price i would pay for CLA entry level... power seats push button start moon roof spoilers navi two tone interior..
but thats just a what if? i do love the CLA, but just making posts here to stimulate our conversations and for us to wait out the time until September...
im enclosing a link to the Honda i would get if CLA for some strange reason fizzels out...

2013 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Review, Walkaround, Exhaust, & Test Drive - YouTube
....only if CLA goes bonkers with me i would get this model... the White is a Pearl and is nice... the Black is great too... not crazy over the silver even though i like that color..
(i dont work for Honda and im not promoting this car, just in case you thought i was some kinda double agent around here... lol)
Nice choice w/ the 9th gen. Accord coupe! It's a lotta car for the money, very reliable/dependable, and the 4-banger w/ CVT or V6 w/ 6spd both offer good bit of performance. There's more tech. in it than some of the Acura models. It's arguably the best Accord offered ever, and that says a lot!

(I'm a bit of an Accord expert!!!)

Anywayz...

For me, I'd likely get one of the following:

- '07+ MB CLS550 (preferably Designo Graphite w/ Porcelain leather & piano black-lacquer, like this one here; it'd be perfect if it was CPO'd w/ extended-warranty)

- VW CC (I like the styling & ergonomics, the fit & finish are excellent, the materials are quality, and performance/handling is adequate; I preferred the pre-facelift exterior)

I wanted sporty & comfy, new'ish & modern-looking, decent performance & handling, relatively maintainable/serviceable, stylish & smartly designed, ideally 4-doors (or useable backseats). And price-point was ~$35k for the CLS550 & ~$25k for the CC. If there was an Audi A3 sedan, I'd look into such as well. Though, I'm unsure about any details w/ regards to it.

I truly lucked out w/ the CLA coming out! :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually Audi are coming out with a sedan A3 later this year, which was the car I had been waiting for until I saw the cla.

·
Registered
339 Posts
CLA is second choice for me to a B 250. That could change if I try out the CLA and it seems reasonably roomy inside.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My second choice is going back to an Audi A5 3.0TDi S-Line - I can get a 6 month old one for the same price as the CLA fully loaded. Just need official UK prices to be announced and I'll make my decision then. Really like the thought of another new Merc (currently drive a C250 CDI Coupe having come from an A5 3.0TDi) but also like the thought of someone else swallowing the initial depreciation. As I really struggle to keep cars longer than a year (had the C250 14 months now and I'm really looking forward to a change) my head says go with the A5 that'll be worth a lot more in 15 or so months than taking a big hit on the new CLA. Choices, choices!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Honda Accord for sure. The Accord is similar to the MB CLA in that one can expect a good ride and handling in one package. The only thing I don't like about the Accord is that you can't get height adjustable seat for the front passenger. I love to see an Audi A3 sedan or fastback/sportback, but then no knows when it will make it to the US. The VW CC is interesting too, but why would anyone get a CC when you can get the CLA for less money.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Actually Audi are coming out with a sedan A3 later this year, which was the car I had been waiting for until I saw the cla.
I love to see an Audi A3 sedan or fastback/sportback, but then no knows when it will make it to the US...
Have any specs or even pics been released of the forthcoming Audi A3 sedan? I remember seeing the red concept version w/ the off-white unique minimalist/futuristic interior. Overall, the exterior & general form had more-or-less typical Audi sedan architecture (a more petit A4/A6/A8 if you will).

It'd be great if there was a fastback/coupe style to it, as there is w/ the A7 (though, I don't like the execution of the A7 when compared to the MB CLS, VW CC, Hyundai Sonata).

·
Registered
20 Posts
^^Porsche Macan is on my list as well. I also have a 2014 BMW 328xi Touring M-Sport (wagon) as a strong contender.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2014 A3 Sportback (if it comes to the US) is a strong contender. New Mazda 6 has a chance. I'm going to keep my options open, but I really like the CLA.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was about to buy a Lexus ES 300H before I discovered the CLA. Now that I have already sold my car in a private sale, im actually renting a car from rent-a-reck until I can order and pick up my CLA 250 4MATIC. But if for some reason all fails, Ill go back to the Lexus.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had 3 Honda Accord coupes so I can definitely agree with that, they are great cars. Right now I have a 2010 EX-L V6 fully loaded and I love it, just getting bored after 3. Really want to see what the 2015 Mustang will look like. New Lexus IS is sharp and in the same price range as the CLA. If I could find a used 2012 SRT8 Grand Cherokee I would jump on that in a heart beat, just not going to spend $65 on it new!

·
Registered
730 Posts
BMW 1-Series...
What all does our great northern neighbor market get for the 1-series... coupe, convertible, hatch, wagon, sedan?

A 1-series sedan would be interesting, tho' likely to to push the ~$40k+ sticker-price once adequately equipped w/ a proper power-train?

·
Registered
315 Posts
What all does our great northern neighbor market get for the 1-series... coupe, convertible, hatch, wagon, sedan?

A 1-series sedan would be interesting, tho' likely to to push the ~$40k+ sticker-price once adequately equipped w/ a proper power-train?
The 1-series is a coupe or convertible only. Coupe starts at 36k and the convertible starts at $41k. The coupe has:

230hp 6 cylinder
6 speed manual
Leatherette
Xenon
Fog Lights
Front heated seats with manual adjustment
USB
Bluetooth
4yr or 80,000km free maintenance

Plus other standard stuff similar to all luxury vehicles.

1 - 20 of 274 Posts