Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Cla250. Took the car to a car wash and this part came off. Anyone know what it is called so I can buy a new one? Thanks

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
...Took the car to a car wash and this part came off. ...
Welcome to the CLA Forum @ Jkovach33 :)
Image is blurred - are those electrical wires hanging from top right?

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
That is the roof rack cover. I lost the same piece. Mercedes states the entire trim piece has to be replaced as they do not sell just the cover. I've tried sourcing that individual piece without any luck. They have different covers on ebay and amazon but none so far for our cla. so if you find the right one let us know.

Reactions: Geo K

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is the roof rack cover. I lost the same piece. Mercedes states the entire trim piece has to be replaced as they do not sell just the cover. I've tried sourcing that individual piece without any luck. They have different covers on ebay and amazon but none so far for our cla. so if you find the right one let us know.
Thanks for the reply. If I find one I will let yall know.
Recycle yard time
Lol, was going to call them tomorrow

·
Registered
377 Posts
Have you checked back at the car wash? They'll often hold onto stuff they find for awhile when cleaning up the bays. They may have it set aside.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you checked back at the car wash? They'll often hold onto stuff they find for awhile when cleaning up the bays. They may have it set aside.
I checked. They said they didn't find anything. I also checked with my state and all the surrounding states scrapyards. They said all the CLA250s they have are all missing that same piece. Mercedes wants $244 for the molding piece that has the part. I can't see paying $250 for that piece.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I checked. They said they didn't find anything. I also checked with my state and all the surrounding states scrapyards. They said all the CLA250s they have are all missing that same piece. Mercedes wants $244 for the molding piece that has the part. I can't see paying $250 for that piece.
The search continues. I lost my piece also in a car wash. I now tape down my roof rack covers before I use one of those types of washes. Its crazy to me they don't source just that individual piece without the entire trim?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts