Mercedes CLA Forum banner

What part is this

Tags
cla250
10K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  Bnice 
#1 ·
I have a 2018 Cla250. Took the car to a car wash and this part came off. Anyone know what it is called so I can buy a new one? Thanks

#3 ·
...Took the car to a car wash and this part came off. ...
Welcome to the CLA Forum @ Jkovach33 :)
Image is blurred - are those electrical wires hanging from top right?

#6 ·
That is the roof rack cover. I lost the same piece. Mercedes states the entire trim piece has to be replaced as they do not sell just the cover. I've tried sourcing that individual piece without any luck. They have different covers on ebay and amazon but none so far for our cla. so if you find the right one let us know.

Reactions: Geo K
#11 ·
I checked. They said they didn't find anything. I also checked with my state and all the surrounding states scrapyards. They said all the CLA250s they have are all missing that same piece. Mercedes wants $244 for the molding piece that has the part. I can't see paying $250 for that piece.

#15 ·
.....Mercedes wants $244 for the molding piece that has the part....
Can you get the part # from the MB guy that quoted you $244?

#13 · (Edited)
I don't even know what this detail is called. However, given that this is apart from a Mercedes, repairs can be costly. I had a car of this brand, and unfortunately, I had a terrible experience with it. I'm glad I got rid of this old car very profitably. At first, I tried to repair the vehicle, but all my attempts were unsuccessful despite the considerable financial investments. In the end, I made a rather difficult decision and sold the car for scraping. I worked exclusively with the guys from https://www.scrapi.com/scrap-car-comparison, and they are real professionals in this area.

#17 ·
I had mine similarly blown off the rail during an automated car wash cycle. Thankfully, I found it in the car wash bay before it got washed off into the drain. I checked to find if I can replace the part (it actually broke off), but as folks here confirmed, you have to replace the whole black stripping. I opted to super glue it back into the slot :giggle: .

I would check the scrap yard for it, rather than pay the premium price for a plastic strip + the installation cost.

#19 ·
OK Jkovach,
So pa4ul has provided "what it is called" > "Drip Molding / Water Deflector" and
MBUSA price > $202 and
Part # > 117-690-14-00
Since this is different from the $244 you were quoted, suggest you determine if your MB dealer is quoting on a different Part #...and if so, tell us what that # is.
__
pa4ul,
Is it your judgement that the anchor insert cannot be removed from the replacement part and inserted into the existing molding?

#20 ·
OK Jkovach,
So pa4ul has provided "what it is called" > "Drip Molding / Water Deflector" and
MBUSA price > $202 and
Part # > 117-690-14-00
Since this is different from the $244 you were quoted, suggest you determine if your MB dealer is quoting on a different Part #...and if so, tell us what that # is.
__
pa4ul,
Is it your judgement that the anchor insert cannot be removed from the replacement part and inserted into the existing molding?
it appears the only way to attach it back into place if you did find a replacement would be to either fully disassemble and try to snap it back into place for glue it like mav did. I think the dealer quoted me around 270 when I checked for the piece. I need to get my inspection done soon so when I do I will ask the parts guy for the exact number.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.