Nice!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sammy Hagar- I can't drive 55
Janis Joplin- Mercedes Benz
ZZ Top- Legs; or Sharp Dressed Man
Beach Boys- Little Deuce Coupe; or 409
Falco- Rock me Amadeus (gotta have one German-language tune; it's the only one I can think of besides 99 Luftballons- and that will NEVER play in my car)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Great question and a hard one for me to answer. I'll have to think about it and come back with a real response, but in the meantime....

Pebbles - Mercedes Boy
I reserve the right to edit my list until the last moment. But if I had my CLA today, my Top 5 would also include:

Beastie Boys – Slow and Low
CZR – Subterranean Odyssey (High Caliber Remix)
Deadmau5 & Kaskade – I Remember
Detroit Grand Pubahs – Dr. Bootygrabber

·
Registered
161 Posts
I reserve the right to edit my list until the last moment. But if I had my CLA today, my Top 5 would also include:

Beastie Boys – Slow and Low
CZR – Subterranean Odyssey (High Caliber Remix)
Deadmau5 & Kaskade – I Remember
Detroit Grand Pubahs – Dr. Bootygrabber
I guess I'm a bit old for the CLA demographic. I have never heard any of those songs- and never even heard of any of those artists, except the Beastie Boys, who if I remember correctly, advised us to "Fight for your right to party". But that was back when our Mercedes came from West Germany and had cassette players. Do they look like the Rolling Stones on tour in their wheelchairs? :cool2:

·
Registered
199 Posts
I guess I'm a bit old for the CLA demographic. I have never heard any of those songs- and never even heard of any of those artists, except the Beastie Boys, who if I remember correctly, advised us to "Fight for your right to party". But that was back when our Mercedes came from West Germany and had cassette players. Do they look like the Rolling Stones on tour in their wheelchairs? :cool2:
I'm not certain what demographic MB is targeting exactly, but I think anyone that wants a CLA is who they are targeting. :) Yes, you recall the Beastie Boys correctly, that song was actually on the same album (cassette tape) as "Fight For Your Right". The other songs, various djs of various electronic dance music. I like my car to be a moving dance party.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Good lists of tunez, guys (and gals... :D)!

This rhyme from "Wanna Be A Baller" always made me grin... :p

Smokin big killa gettin high in the Benz
In the wind smoke goes as I crawl down on Vogues
Twenty Lorenzo, smoke all up in my nose
Yo' eyes, get froze, as you see my low
Candy-red, two-do', let my top down slow
Hittin, my remote, sittin, in my shit
Presidential V-12 with that AMG kit

Reactions: bubblewrap

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm not certain what demographic MB is targeting exactly, but I think anyone that wants a CLA is who they are targeting. :) Yes, you recall the Beastie Boys correctly, that song was actually on the same album (cassette tape) as "Fight For Your Right". The other songs, various djs of various electronic dance music. I like my car to be a moving dance party.
I wonder if my username is meaningful to people here... Every time I log on I hear Dire Straits "I want my M-TEE-VEEEEE..." then the drums and that incredible guitar riff. The video was like- I don't know the right analogy- Avatar? Star Wars? Nobody had ever seen anything like it.

[video]http://www.mtv.com/videos/dire-straits/18177/money-for-nothing.jhtml[/video]

·
Registered
199 Posts
I wonder if my username is meaningful to people here... Every time I log on I hear Dire Straits "I want my M-TEE-VEEEEE..." then the drums and that incredible guitar riff. The video was like- I don't know the right analogy- Avatar? Star Wars? Nobody had ever seen anything like it.

[video]http://www.mtv.com/videos/dire-straits/18177/money-for-nothing.jhtml[/video]
I have to admit, I didn't make that connection with your username until you mentioned it. I'll be sure to read your name differently from now on. That music video was definitely ahead of its time. "Take On Me" by Ah-Ha I also was pretty impressed with, but then again I was 9 and easily impressed.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have to admit, I didn't make that connection with your username until you mentioned it. I'll be sure to read your name differently from now on. That music video was definitely ahead of its time. "Take On Me" by Ah-Ha I also was pretty impressed with, but then again I was 9 and easily impressed.
You were a child prodigy! That was a very advanced video for its day.

·
Registered
295 Posts
hmm....

Nirvana - Lithium
Pearl Jam - Alive
Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls of Fire
Chuck Berry - Route 66
Tenacious D - Tribute

1 - 20 of 80 Posts