Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my AMG is supposed to be here Nov 8th, but I'm wondering if they give you the documents before that day so you can complete registration, insurance stuff etc so that you can drive off the lot the day it comes in. If things don't work this way then how do they work?

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
I don't know about Canada but in the US...well...in NY and CT, at least, they complete the registration for you. You may have to return your old plates -- assuming you aren't transferring the old ones to your new car. The dealer will also typically either call you in advance to give you the VIN# and/or work with your insurance company on your behalf to get the car added to your policy. You need proof of insurance in order to get the car off of the lot here so they don't want any hiccups on your end either.

-Eric

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know about Canada but in the US...well...in NY and CT, at least, they complete the registration for you. You may have to return your old plates -- assuming you aren't transferring the old ones to your new car. The dealer will also typically either call you in advance to give you the VIN# and/or work with your insurance company on your behalf to get the car added to your policy. You need proof of insurance in order to get the car off of the lot here so they don't want any hiccups on your end either.

-Eric
Hmmm I see hopefully it works out like that because when I got the GTI I had to do the insurance and registration stuff, and it wasted my whole day lol. Also do ya think that I'll get the car delivery date or the next day?

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
No clue but if I had to guess it would be the next day since they're going to need time to prep the car. I would just call the dealer and ask how they work the process.

-Eric

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No clue but if I had to guess it would be the next day since they're going to need time to prep the car. I would just call the dealer and ask how they work the process.

-Eric
I'd rather not call them again cause they're probably annoyed with me by now XD

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
By AMG do you mean CLA45 AMG?

I didn't know Canada is getting them well before the USA.
Ya my CLA 45 AMG is being built September 25th and delivery date is November 8th, its also fully loaded except for carbon fibre so if theres a delay for Canada then i luckily missed it

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Somehow I can almost envision that.
Whoever is your sales rep surely earned his comission the day he hands you the keys and watches you drive off into the sunset...:)
He'll be crying tears of joy that he survived my onslaught :p

·
Registered
331 Posts
Really Guys.. Once your car is built and has a VIN you can knock out everything; Reg, Financing, and Insurance. I get some of you want to drive it first, but for those who are decided. Go to dealer and knock out the paper work. I completed my financing on Aug 1st. I took delivery on Aug 16th and by the time I was back from Germany my plates were in the mail. Mercedes USA delayed my first car note payment until Oct 1st. I just called Esurance yesterday. My advice if you know you are buying the car.... Get the paper done now, or risk the crazy Apple like delays for the financing team to do the paperwork. It took 2 hours for them to do paperwork and no one was in the dealer. $0.02

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really Guys.. Once your car is built and has a VIN you can knock out everything; Reg, Financing, and Insurance. I get some of you want to drive it first, but for those who are decided. Go to dealer and knock out the paper work. I completed my financing on Aug 1st. I took delivery on Aug 16th and by the time I was back from Germany my plates were in the mail. Mercedes USA delayed my first car note payment until Oct 1st. I just called Esurance yesterday. My advice if you know you are buying the car.... Get the paper done now, or risk the crazy Apple like delays for the financing team to do the paperwork. It took 2 hours for them to do paperwork and no one was in the dealer. $0.02
Hmmmm If thats possible then ya it'd be a good idea to get my registration, and insurance done right now

1 - 13 of 13 Posts