Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

First time poster here. Anyway I know they just officially announced the CLA45 AMG for around 47,000 US, but what I am curious about is what kind of things will be standard on the car? Will things like navigation, parking sensors, etc... be standard?

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so aside for all of you guys joking around, I got an answer:
CLA45 AMG Standard Feature Highlights: AMG 2.0L inline 4-cylinder
mbrace2
Turbocharged engine
Electro-mechanical power steering
7-Speed Dual Clutch Transmission COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST
0-60 in 4.5 seconds ATTENTION ASSIST
ECO Start/Stop Frameless Doors
CLA45 AMG Optional Features Highlights: PARKTRONIC w/ Advance Parking
Red Brake Calipers Assist
DISTRONIC Plus Panorama Sunroof
Blind Spot Assist
AMG carbon-fiber interior trim
Lane Keeping Assist

·
Registered
14 Posts
Standard Equipment
Comfort/Convenience
 mbrace2 – In-Vehicle Technology Suite
 5.8” Display Screen
 Central Controller
 Color Instrument Cluster Display
 Rain-Sensing Intermittent Windshield Wipers
 Bluetooth Hands-Free Calling
 Cruise Control
Performance/Handling
 355 hp @ 6,000 rpm
 332 lb.-ft. @ 2,250-5,000 rpm
 2.0L inline 4–cylinder Turbocharged
engine*
 4MATIC All-Wheel-Drive
 7-Speed Dual Clutch Transmission*
 ECO Start/Stop*
 Electro-mechanical power steering*
 18” AMG Twin 5-Spoke Wheels
Safety/Security
 COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST*
 ATTENTION ASSIST*
 Tire Pressure Monitoring System
 Anti-Theft Alarm System
 Electronic Parking Brake
DaimlerCommunications,70546 Stuttgart/Germany Mercedes-Benz–ADaimler Brand
 Power Front Seats with 3-Position Memory
 Rear Folding Seats
 Twin Cup Holders
 Exterior Chrome Trim  Air Conditioning
 Floormats
 MB-Tex Upholstery
 Anthracite Trim
 Sport Bodystyling
 RACETIMER
 Dual Exhaust With Chrome Tips
 Adaptive Brake with HOLD Function
 Hill Start Assist
 Sport Suspension
 Leather Steering Wheel with Shift
Paddles
 All-Season Run Flat Tires
 Driver Air Bags
 Window Air Bags
 Driver Knee Air Bag
 Side Impact Air Bags

·
Registered
14 Posts
And here is the options
Optional Packages:
Premium Package
 iPod / MP3 Media Interface
 SiriusXM Satellite Radio
 harman/kardon LOGIC7 Surround
Sound System with Dolby Digital 5.1
 Heated Front Seats
 Auto Dimming Mirrors
 Integrated Garage Door Opener
 Dual-Zone Climate Control  Compass
Multimedia Package
 COMAND System w/ 7” Display Screen
 Hard-Drive Navigation
 Voice Control
 SD Memory Card Slot
 In-dash 6-disc CD/DVD changer
 10GB Music Register
 Rearview Camera
 SiriusXM Traffic & Weather
Exterior Paint
Driver Assistance Package
 DISTRONIC Plus*
 Blind Spot Assist*
 Lane Keeping Assist*
Stand Alone Options
 PARKTRONIC w/ Advance Parking Assist*
 Panorama Sunroof*
 Blind Spot Assist
 Heated Front Seats
 Burl Walnut Wood Trim
 Black Ash Wood Trim
 Bi-Xenon Headlamps with LED Daytime Running Lights
 Becker MAP PILOT
 18-Inch 5-Twin Spoke Wheels
 Summer Performance Tires

·
Registered
381 Posts
It comes with a "EAT ME BMW" License plate.

Just kidding. I'm actually a very big BMW fan. It's the BMW drivers I don't like :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would love to also. What I was going to do is compare it to the packages in the C Class so I could get an estimated price. I am trying not to go above 52-53k because I was going to go with a loaded 328i otherwise which would've been around 51k anyway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looking at these option for c class, u looking at 1200 for premium package, 2900 for multimedia (very steep for nav and camera) 1100 for sunroof. Im a huge bmw fan, was in the market a 2 year old 535xi until i saw the pics of cla45 this past weekend.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Looking at these option for c class, u looking at 1200 for premium package, 2900 for multimedia (very steep for nav and camera) 1100 for sunroof...
For the CLA250, the Premium Package is $2,200; the Multimedia Package is $2,300; the Panorama Roof is $1,400. Sticker'creep can happen quick on the "$29.9k" CLA250 & "$47.5k" CLA45-AMG!

Multimedia Package: $2,300
Premium Package: $2,200
Driver Assistance Package: $2,250
Sports Package (CLA250): $2,000
Panorama Roof: $1,400
Leather-interior: $1,200
BiXenon headamps / LED-DRL: $850
Metallic-paint: $720

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@osiris_x11 Thanks. I guess that isn't too bad. For example if you just want standard tech, you would get the premium and multimedia pack and then maybe the BiXenon headlamps and that would bring the price of it to high 52k to 53k which I am sure can be reduced down when purchasing to around 49-50k. If you think about it, this is only about 2k more than a nicely optioned 3 series m sport with x drive (my second choice).

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am too looking at ordering one. But I am waiting till I can sit in it at the dealership. If I can keep it around 50-51K before taxes, I'll be happy. I waiting to see what is really standard on the car. For instance the website says that the BiXenon headlamps & LED lights are standard.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Def' wait till test-driving one before formally ordering one. I'm sure it'll be all that & then some, but... a front-drive bias AWD compact sedan w/ a highly boosted 4'banger CLA45-AMG will be different from what most have been used to.

Likewise, for the CLA250 & its DCT, which can potentially be a great match (tight, crisp precise shifting) or bad-pairing (floppy/flappy paddles w/ lethargic SMG-like shifting).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Def' wait till test-driving one before formally ordering one. I'm sure it'll be all that & then some, but... a front-drive bias AWD compact sedan w/ a highly boosted 4'banger CLA45-AMG will be different from what most have been used to.

Likewise, for the CLA250 & its DCT, which can potentially be a great match (tight, crisp precise shifting) or bad-pairing (floppy/flappy paddles w/ lethargic SMG-like shifting).
I would like to test drive one also however specifically for the AMG version, that won't be out until November so I am not sure when dealers would get one in to test out. The CLA 250 may be similar but it definitely will not be anywhere as precise or powerful as the AMG version.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am too looking at ordering one. But I am waiting till I can sit in it at the dealership. If I can keep it around 50-51K before taxes, I'll be happy. I waiting to see what is really standard on the car. For instance the website says that the BiXenon headlamps & LED lights are standard.
Ah good find! Here is the exact paragraph from the press release:
The new CLA45 AMG leaves no doubt even at first glance; similarities with the CLS63 AMG are intentional. Mercedes-AMG complements the expressive design idiom with distinctive AMG elements and thus creates a new design icon. The CLA was born with sporty proportions – the AMG "twin blade" radiator grille and the cross member in the AMG front fascia, both painted matte titanium gray, reinforce the dynamic appearance further. The large air inlet ports on the sides are framed by black winglets and improve the air flow
to the cooling modules located behind them. Bi-xenon headlights are part of the standard equipment.
Thats good then because before when I was estimating the cost of the car, I was putting in the $850 BiXenon headlamps but now it looks like I can get rid of that and get the Blind Spot option now. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts