Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the same question!
Its killing me that its the exact same engine!!!!!
I dont wanna use a chip and mess up the warranty

feedback?

·
Registered
533 Posts
The model numbers doesn't directly translate to horse power. CLA 250 doesn't have 250hp.

Also there can be difference in gas vs diesel.

as far as I know, CLA 180 is the one with least drag coefficient in the world, while CLA250 a notch behind Prius ( I know..sad :( )...

·
Registered
42 Posts
drag coefficient? is that a good thing? lol
Does the CLA 180 come with the LED tail lights? I am waiting on mine to arrive ordered it in Egypt, live in the US, lol
Anyway i want the LED so bad!
Also can someone sheed some light on the original question? Whats the difference between 180 & 200????
It is really just the chip?

·
Registered
33 Posts
The 180 is 122HP while the 200 is 156 HP no the 180 don't come with the xenon and LED back light their are many more different options u can check the website and download the pdf catalogue

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum

·
Registered
33 Posts
I can send it to u by email if u want just msg me with ur email

·
Registered
53 Posts
The 180 is 122HP while the 200 is 156 HP no the 180 don't come with the xenon and LED back light their are many more different options u can check the website and download the pdf catalogue

I have the 180 with the ambition option and that goes with the xenon en led back lights.

·
Registered
33 Posts
He said his order is from Egypt and in Egypt the 180 don't have the xenon and the LED

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yea I ordered it in Egypt, still waiting on first CLA 180 shipment to arrive, they never gave me options really, They did offer the CLA 200 but didnt wanna pay the extra $$$.
Anyway im trying to buy parts from here before going back, so the LED taillights, the illumination star, the black rims, cost less in the US.
Thanks for all the advice guys!!!

PS: the CLA 180 ships from the UK

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
No, we're just wise asses. Carry on.

·
Registered
697 Posts
What exactly is the difference between the 180 / 200 engine?

(How is the extra 30 HP accumulated)
There is an Italian Mercedes Benz app with all he differences between the multiple CLA models, starting with engines, number of exhaust tips, grille options and so on. For those in countries where MB offers more options is a good tool. Here in the USA we get only gasoline engines and the least powerful one is 208 hp and from there on is the AMG.

·
Registered
26 Posts
180 -> 122 HP
200 -> 156 HP

Same engine, only 180 is electronically capped to 122 HP.
Price difference in Belgium is 5000 euro more to have the 200.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts