Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting my CLA250 tomorrow at noon. The dealer offered me the "First Class Wheel and Tire Protection". Would you recommend to get that product? The price is $799.00 for 3 years. ImageUploadedByMercedes CLA Forum1380613387.075158.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the answer! Will get my car in few hours. Will post some pictures. And will get that protection for wheels and tires. Do you guys think that it is worth it to get the windshield protection? ImageUploadedByMercedes CLA Forum1380641071.625682.jpg

·
Registered
546 Posts
If you use it, always make sure you say you hit a pothole. That specific cause is what they will cover.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Thank you for the answer! Will get my car in few hours. Will post some pictures. And will get that protection for wheels and tires. Do you guys think that it is worth it to get the windshield protection? View attachment 2284
I can barely accept the wheels and tire protection because it's reasonably priced. Someone on the forum paid $1799 for it.
Make sure it includes paying for new tires when you turn the car in after lease is over. Otherwise they will charge you over $1000 for a set of tires.
You are obligated to return the lease vehicle with tires that are very good and you generally don't have good tires after three years and 36000 miles.
I personally would not buy it although if you are in Manhattan, that's may be a different story. Don't forget your insurance will also cover the damage
sans the deductible.
Windshield protection - absolutely not ! Your insurance will pay for that unless you have crazy comprehensive deductible.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Windshield protection also depends on the state you live in. CT, for example, requires a no-fault glass coverage so a cracked windshield is replaced free of charge.

Keith, I can't imagine that the plan includes replacement of tires at the end of the lease. According to the MBUSA site, it's a repair warranty for damage caused by road hazards.

-Eric

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just used it .Got a staple in the tire within 200 miles , dealer changed the tire and found out the fine print.... there is a $50 deductable , also if your tires are worn within certain limits and you get a flat it is not covered.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Only bent a rim once in my life. Went to a used Saab parts web site (most parts were from cars that had been crashed) and bought a replacement rim of the exact kind for about 1/3 what dealer wanted for a new one. Plus the "used" one look like new anyway.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Does anybody know if this tire & wheel protection covers stolen wheels? It happened to somebody I iknow, he found his car on top of 4 bricks instead of the wheels and I was thinking what would be the case if that happnes to somebody who paid for this warranty, are they covered in case of being stolen?

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Does anybody know if this tire & wheel protection covers stolen wheels? It happened to somebody I iknow, he found his car on top of 4 bricks instead of the wheels and I was thinking what would be the case if that happnes to somebody who paid for this warranty, are they covered in case of being stolen?
I don't believe so, that would fall under car insurance or if you want to make a homeowners claim if it was on your property.

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
546 Posts
This is a road hazard policy. That would have to go through your auto insurance. As far as the $50 deductible mentioned, my contract says NO deductible. Never mention you hit a curb, always say pothole or something not found on a road.

·
Registered
191 Posts
My dealer charged 1299for 5 years. I got them down to 999... Totally worth it ESPECIALLY with the 18 inch Black AMG rims on the edition 1!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Have to remember...... Its INSURANCE. most WILL NOT ever use it. A few will. Out here in So-Cal the roads are in pretty good shape. I'd save the money.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello,

I have a good tip for all of those who are thinking or purchased the tire and wheel protection.

I was silly enough to pay $1799 for 5 year protection. Everytime I was thinking about it I felt ripped off.

Llater I found out that you can buy a road hazzard insurance at Discount Tire for example (even though you didnt buy the tires there). So I went ahead and asked and they told me that for $142 they would cover the tires for its lifetime.

I went ahead and cancelled the tire and wheel protection from mercedes and bought this tire protection from Discount Tire. I know, this covers only the tires but lets be honest what is the risk of breaking a rim? And if I do, with the price I had paid from Mercedes I needed to break 4 rims for it to be worth it, right? I feel relief bow and a little less stupid for pying that crazy amount if money to Mercedes..

Hope this tips helps!

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Hello,

I have a good tip for all of those who are thinking or purchased the tire and wheel protection.

I was silly enough to pay $1799 for 5 year protection. Everytime I was thinking about it I felt ripped off.

Llater I found out that you can buy a road hazzard insurance at Discount Tire for example (even though you didnt buy the tires there). So I went ahead and asked and they told me that for $142 they would cover the tires for its lifetime.

I went ahead and cancelled the tire and wheel protection from mercedes and bought this tire protection from Discount Tire. I know, this covers only the tires but lets be honest what is the risk of breaking a rim? And if I do, with the price I had paid from Mercedes I needed to break 4 rims for it to be worth it, right? I feel relief bow and a little less stupid for pying that crazy amount if money to Mercedes..

Hope this tips helps!
Great point. Smart move.

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

1 - 18 of 18 Posts