my old buddy lost a rear wheel off his beeemer that way … what a waste

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
View attachment 68542 What can i go

Wheels are stock 18" 7.5J ET52 with 225/40/18

Is 15mm front 20mm rear okay?

Thanks
I had previously considered adding 10mm spacer up front and maybe 15mm spacer in the rear, but didn't do it as I was concerned with tire rubbing on the fender. I had modded my suspension to the H&R sport springs and Bilstein 8+ shocks, with less then one finger gap in the wheel well. I had seen cars who didn't choose the spacers appropriately, and the fenders were "ribbed" with obvious crease lines showing where the tires rubbed against the fenders. Make sure your suspension matches how you want to mod the spacers.

As @jmc indicated, if you do add spacers, I recommend going with the H&R spacers, as they come with properly spec'd extension bolts. A little pricier, but safety first.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Pretty sure the consensus on CLA is 10-15mm spacers.

I run 15mm H&R Trak+ DR on my GLA45 and 15mm in the back caused some slight rubbing to the plastic fender cladding.. as mentioned on the painted fender of the CLA if you rubbed it’d probably crease.

I’d also maybe look into arch guards for the CLA w/ spacers.. you’ll def kick more rocks down the side of your car

P/N for the H&R lugs w/ 15mm spacers is:

·
Premium Member
13,306 Posts
my oem was 18x7.5-52.5 with 225/40-18
after some calculations and keeping with nominal track increase and minimal scrub radius change
went with 18x8-48.0 with 235/40-18
(which by the way is stock on a 45 at the time so i know the germans accounted for changes)
final extension was 11mm and zero rub no matter how the suspension/steering is loaded (as it should be else a lot of 45 folks would be pissed)
so 10mm spacers no issues
15mm i dunno though some folks run 18x8-45.0 which is 14mm extension so maybe ok

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Automotive parking light Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

So i ignored all advice and fitted some 15mm to the rear.

Looking at it i could of went 20mm rear.

I have since moved the 15mm to the front and they look perfect.

I have ordered another set of 15mm's for the rear just to keep them the same

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Better not, lower the car any further, there's gonna be rubbing at the fender.
The car is stock ride height.

It is low as stock. I couldn't imagine it being any lower than it is 😵

I actually do think they will be alright.

Stock CLA45 wheels stick out 10.3mm more poke than my AMG line wheels so in theory i am currently only 4.7mm further out than that. 🧐

No rubbing so far at all and i have went on some undulating roads to test

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
View attachment 68641 View attachment 68642

Full set of 15mm spacers. Think they look bob on.

No rubbing at all
yeah, I can see why there would not be any rubbing , wheel gap is not like those with lowered suspension. Fit it with a H&R sport lowering springs, and the 15mm spacers will certainly cause the wheels to rub with the fender well arch.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
yeah, I can see why there would not be any rubbing , wheel gap is not like those with lowered suspension. Fit it with a H&R sport lowering springs, and the 15mm spacers will certainly cause the wheels to rub with the fender well arch.
I still don't think it will.

I have just been on holiday and had it fully loaded and not a single rub 🤷🏻‍♂️

I will probs lower in future so will find out then

1 - 14 of 14 Posts