315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
730 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I still using Black Berry Bold, it may not have many apps, but have real keyboad and best security - that is my most concern!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Blackberry Z10 for work and the wife and iPhone 4S for personal and the girlfriend
Lol...for real though I have to have BB for work, pisses me off but eh I get 300 emails a day on average and the iPhone battery can't keep up with that volume of push email.

I could never switch from iPhone to Android for 2 reasons:
Apps and gaming, since my whole house is connected wirelessly with Apple products as well as an integrated home theater controllable through iPhone and iPad
Android is just so unsecure also, hackers dream

·
Registered
9 Posts
iPhone 5. I love having a 4G iPhone. I used to carry a DROID PRO for work, and the Droid operating system was just not appealing at all.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Since when does big brother know whats best? :wink:
Ha! Well said my friend... but, sometimes less is more w/ e-diots like me! :D

Admittedly, iOS does feel somewhat stale & yesterday as of late. Then again, after 9-10 hrs in front of computer-screen at a desk and/or meetings- I kinda/sorta like a basic user-experience that's reliable/dependable. Obviously for others- YMMV & it's all in one's personal preferences w/ regards to wants+needs.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Just picked up my iPhone5 this week. Upgraded from a iPhone3GS. Love the Siri and FaceTime features. Also, much lighter that the old 3. And guess what ... I picked up a cool 2-piece case, with holster, for $5 at Monoprice. The case is awesome and the best value in the market - bar none! As good as Otter Box and Case-Mate. Monoprice has so many gadgets and accessories for electronics and all at the best prices! Check it out at www.monoprice.com.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Android is just so unsecure also, hackers dream
That's like companies saying "Well, Windows is unsecured and a hackers dream, so I'll use apple computers instead". That type of of thinking makes no sense to me and doesn't happen.

I've only used Android and I've never had an issue of security and never been hacked.

·
Registered
105 Posts
That's like companies saying "Well, Windows is unsecured and a hackers dream, so I'll use apple computers instead". That type of of thinking makes no sense to me and doesn't happen.

I've only used Android and I've never had an issue of security and never been hacked.
I work in the Wireless Telecom industry, and I can vouch that although far from being bulletproof iOS has far less Malware and security holes than Android. Samsung's in particular are notoriously easily exploitable launching brand new phones with flaws (S3's Exynos chip that could potentially see some phones being wiped or bricked by naughty hackers. The sudden death bug, as it's known, was found by an XDA Developers user and gives hackers access to the RAM of phones including the Galaxy S2, S3 and Note. RAM dump, kernel code injection and others could be possible via app installation from Play Store.

Up to this point, Apple seems to be doing a better job protecting its mobile users against cyber threats. The iPhone has never seen a virus, and its only spam app was removed. Conversely, 75% of smartphone malware targets Android devices, according to F-Secure.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Samsung Galaxy s3. Ive been using android since the first day the G1 came out and have gotten so used to it. I do like the iphone, just dont see a reason to swap over to iOS. My tablet is a Sony Tablet S1. I love how large the s3 screen is and how thin the phone is. So far havent had any issues (unlike my Samsung vibrant, worst phone ever).

·
Registered
984 Posts
Samsung Galaxy s3. Ive been using android since the first day the G1 came out and have gotten so used to it. I do like the iphone, just dont see a reason to swap over to iOS. My tablet is a Sony Tablet S1. I love how large the s3 screen is and how thin the phone is. So far havent had any issues (unlike my Samsung vibrant, worst phone ever).
Antares,

What do you do for a living? If you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Droid RAZR...I'm really looking forward to the Motorola X Phone. That handset should turn the smartphone world upside down if it it lives up to the rumors. Android is my OS of choice, followed by Windows Phone 8. Not an iOS fan at all

·
Registered
515 Posts
ive had the same phone for nearly 10 years... just a simple Razor from Motorola with video camera and all the red tape... lol
its not broken so why should i fix it?

·
Registered
105 Posts
ive had the same phone for nearly 10 years... just a simple Razor from Motorola with video camera and all the red tape... lol
its not broken so why should i fix it?
Haha yeah I miss my Black V3
Favorite all time still has to be my trusty old Nokia 6190 it's a friggin tank and Snake was just so damn addictive

·
Registered
339 Posts
I don't own a cell phone and don't plan to get one either.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don't own a cell phone and don't plan to get one either.
How I wish I could live off the grid. Week long stays at the cottage up north are pure bliss...no cell service, no Internet, no TV and 1 am station broadcasting shitty Country Music...just the sound of the loons and frogs

1 - 20 of 42 Posts