Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
A great place to start would be the CLA45 Dealer Order Guide. Luck would have it that white is the primary launch color and most of the images of the CLA45 with the various wheels and other options are shown on a white car. Check out the "Gallery" section in the Order Guide.

Link to Order Guide: CLA45_DOG_V1.0.pdf

·
Registered
294 Posts
If it's the 790 19 inch 16-spoke wheels that you're after, I haven't seen any photo of a white CLA45 with those wheels. There are some photos over in another thread that show a Red and a Silver CLA45 with those wheels. One could get a little creative with Photoshop and do a little cut-n-paste job to overlay those wheel images onto a white CLA45 photo. I could easily envision where the white CLA45 with the standard silver front air dam splitter and the standard silver side rocker panel inserts could be very good looking with the silver 19 inch wheels.

Here's a link to the thread that contains the photos of the Red and Silver CLA45's with the 19 inch 16-spoke wheels:
http://www.mercedescla.org/forum/14-mercedes-benz-cla45-amg/1446-cla45-color-reference-thread.html

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, did a mock up on the AMG website. Thought I might be different rather than going the black. Interested in the 19inch 16 spoke wheels.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks David! All good buddy don't go to any hassle bound to be one ordered like that sooner or later!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm thinking there probably aren't going to be many with the silver 19's. Seems that most people are interested in either that base 18's or the black 19's. You might have hit on a fairly unique combination.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
I know the 'youngins' love everything murdered out but I think the silver wheels are sleek and sexy.
That said the Cirrus White looks awesome with the Night Package and black 19" multispokes.

-Eric

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I know the 'youngins' love everything murdered out but I think the silver wheels are sleek and sexy.
That said the Cirrus White looks awesome with the Night Package and black 19" multispokes.

-Eric
I agree with the great looks of the silver multi-spoke rims. My young son, however, said 'OH NO please !' sigh...
The black multispoke is best on the white car and really stands out with the red calipers.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I agree with the great looks of the silver multi-spoke rims. My young son, however, said 'OH NO please !' sigh...
The black multispoke is best on the white car and really stands out with the red calipers.
The black 19's are a much more current (young and fresh) fashion statement than the old school silver. I'm going with the standard 18's for ride quality. I believe that the 19's with the very low profile sidewall tires are going to be very firm and harsh. Unfortunate that the 18's on the CLA45 are the same 18's on the CLA250 Sport.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
The black 19's are a much more current (young and fresh) fashion statement than the old school silver. I'm going with the standard 18's for ride quality. I believe that the 19's with the very low profile sidewall tires are going to be very firm and harsh. Unfortunate that the 18's on the CLA45 are the same 18's on the CLA250 Sport.
I am doing exactly the same and face the same dilemma. Other than the red caliper, it's identicle from the side.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I am doing exactly the same and face the same dilemma. Other than the red caliper, it's identicle from the side.
Outsider, there's at least one more option that we can explore for the 18 inch wheels. The wheels could be powder coated black to look like the wheel that is being offered as an option on the German version of the CLA250. My dealer mentioned that they have had very good success with powder coating wheels to meet customer requests. So we could get the 18 inch wheels for the ride comfort and then powder coat black to have a more fashionable look. My dealer says they charge $150 per wheel to powder coat. So that would still work out less expensive (4 x $150 = $600) than going with the $850 19-inch Black 16-spoke wheels. Here are a couple screen captures from the German CLA250 online configurator tool showing the Black twin 5-spoke wheels. Your thoughts?

CLA250-Red-black-twin5spoke.jpg CLA250-White-black-twin5spoke.jpg CLA250-Black-black-twin5spoke.jpg

I don't have any experience with powder coating wheels. Anybody care to comment on their powder coat experience and the durability of the paint after a couple years?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Outsider, there's at least one more option that we can explore for the 18 inch wheels. The wheels could be powder coated black to look like the wheel that is being offered as an option on the German version of the CLA250. My dealer mentioned that they have had very good success with powder coating wheels to meet customer requests. So we could get the 18 inch wheels for the ride comfort and then powder coat black to have a more fashionable look. My dealer says they charge $150 per wheel to powder coat. So that would still work out less expensive (4 x $150 = $600) than going with the $850 19-inch Black 16-spoke wheels. Here are a couple screen captures from the German CLA250 online configurator tool showing the Black twin 5-spoke wheels. Your thoughts?

View attachment 1376 View attachment 1377 View attachment 1378

I don't have any experience with powder coating wheels. Anybody care to comment on their powder coat experience and the durability of the paint after a couple years?
David: I personally prefer the painted silver. Was at my dealership for service Saturday and since they have just about every car and model on display, I had a chance to see again the twin spoke silver painted 18" AMG rims and they are beautiful and classy. On a E350 Touring, they have a factory twin spoke AMG 18" rim with the inside painted not black but grey. It made the rim looks like it needs a wash. If you want a different look, grey may be better than black unless you have the night style package. I am still looking for the arrival of the CLA250 to check out the colors and rims but I may not have enough time as my order may turn yellow soon.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Outsider, I'm 100% with you that the 18 inch AMG twin 5-spoke wheels are beautiful and classy. Are you going with the Night Package? If you are not getting the Night Package then you will have the silver front air dam and the silver rocker panel inserts. So, in the case of no Night Package, then I believe the silver wheels would coordinate better with the other silver accents.

In my case, with the Night Package, the silver on the 18 inch wheels will be the only silver accent on the exterior of the car. That's why I'm entertaining the idea of the black powder coat to match the gloss black of the front air dam and rocker panel inserts.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts