Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
CLA 250 AMG 2021 Mojave Silver
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, this is my first post and apologies if it was repeated:)

I have a 2021 CLA 250 AMG with Ambient Light package and I don't have the small white light under my rear view mirrors working (I have it in the mirror however it doesn't work day or night like the picture below)
anyone has the same in 2021 models? or how can I make them work?

The demo car I tried before receiving mine CLA 2020 250 AMG had the white light under the mirror working.

My interior rear view mirror is frameless, and I have High Performance LED lights not the Multibeam (if any of this will help)

I live in Qatar and I tried the dealer here and they said it is not showing any fault.

The below picture is not from my car, I am using it for reference that it should be working same as in picture.

Thanks everyone in advance.

Sky Building Street light Hood Window

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Why can't you ask the dealer to walk you to another same year CLA and check if it's working the same way as yours?
If the other CLA has the light and dealership service dept says there are no faults, ask the tech to show you how to turn on the light in yours. Maybe its a setting thing you do on the vehicle settings ...

It's a brand new CLA under warranty, just get the dealership to sort out your CLA issue...that's why there is such a thing as a "new car warranty" which covers everything including this kind of "issue".

Reactions: Geo K

·
Registered
12,614 Posts
Maybe check the position of the interior light mode selector in the overhead console?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Are the other ambient lights in the car working? Like, in the door handles or cup holder, etc? It might be a stupid question, but are you sure your ambient light setting is turned on? I think that light is one of the lights that are toggled on/off with the ambient light setting. But, I have a '15 GLA, so, while I also have that same little light in the underside of my homelink mirror, things like settings might be different between our cars. Just a thought. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Are the other ambient lights in the car working? Like, in the door handles or cup holder, etc? It might be a stupid question, but are you sure your ambient light setting is turned on? I think that light is one of the lights that are toggled on/off with the ambient light setting. But, I have a '15 GLA, so, while I also have that same little light in the underside of my homelink mirror, things like settings might be different between our cars. Just a thought. Good luck.
I know we all wanna feel we can sort out any issues in our cars ourselves, but I find that when it comes to owners of new or still has valid "new car" warranty, why do we want to try to figure it out ourselves? Just book an appt with the dealer, get a courtesy car, and have them sort it out. Or call the service guy and aska few quick questions , maybe to help point out how to use the particular feature. We paid mulah for it , then we should get the service expected from the dealer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, other than the reasons you already identified, there's the fact that it takes time, I cannot stand to have other people drive my car, and the last couple times an MB dealership had my car it came back with problems THEY created...how about this for a reason not to turn over your baby to a dealership unnecessarily?

Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Vehicle

For some context, Philadelphia has already hit 500 murders this year, so I am not sure stolen cars are even considered a crime anymore here. Whoops, did I just advertise?

But, OMG, I would be SO MAD at this dealership! This was going to be my new dealership now that I completely gave up on MB of Devon, PA and wouldn't take my car there if I broke down right in front of the place. But, I think I'll keep looking, maybe head further away from the city? How far is far enough, maybe somewhere in Canada? I'll start practicing my French ("J'adore cette voiture. Je serai a le bar de l'autre côté de la rue à regarder pendant que vous travaillez. Ou peut-être que je vais me cacher dans le coffre." (needed some help from google for that, but you get the idea)! :)

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Well, other than the reasons you already identified, there's the fact that it takes time, I cannot stand to have other people drive my car, and the last couple times an MB dealership had my car it came back with problems THEY created...how about this for a reason not to turn over your baby to a dealership unnecessarily?

View attachment 67838

For some context, Philadelphia has already hit 500 murders this year, so I am not sure stolen cars are even considered a crime anymore here. Whoops, did I just advertise?

But, OMG, I would be SO MAD at this dealership! This was going to be my new dealership now that I completely gave up on MB of Devon, PA and wouldn't take my car there if I broke down right in front of the place. But, I think I'll keep looking, maybe head further away from the city? How far is far enough, maybe somewhere in Canada? I'll start practicing my French ("J'adore cette voiture. Je serai a le bar de l'autre côté de la rue à regarder pendant que vous travaillez. Ou peut-être que je vais me cacher dans le coffre." (needed some help from google for that, but you get the idea)! :)

I was not considering those cases where you have to worry about stolen vehicles, bad dealerships , bad service depts etc... It's not just mercedes benz, even BMWs, Audi, Jaguar, etc... you will hear horror stories of issues with cars being sent in for repair work. BUT if that's what will stop us from bringing in our vehicles for repair at the service dept, then we might as well throw away the new car warranty, and start taking auto mechanic courses and learn to fix everything in our cars.

We paid for a car that has a new car warranty meant to cover these instances where things expected to work a certain way, is not. If I have an issue with ALL dealerships , that they can't be trusted, then I will never buy a brand new car, might as well just get a used car > 3 years old. Then take a car mechanics course and DIY everything, or go and try out and hopefully find a reliable car repair shop.

But of course, if one is a trained car mechanic, and a workshop in their garage, by all means, fix your own car. But even then, it would be such a waste , if it turns out to be a major engine repair that is covered by warranty, and now because you don't trust the dealerships to provide the warranty repair, you end up with a huge bill on parts and time wasted trying to fix it yourself. I will be the first to admit that there are some bad dealerships out there, but that comes with everything else.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
✅ ...I cannot stand to have other people drive my car...
Agree with you 100%

Shouldn't have to drive it anywhere, to show you quickly how to turn it on IMO.
("...not showing any fault...") Is he kidding - the fault is - it does not work. Suggest you ask for the Service Manager.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was just out in the dark, so I changed the "ambient light" setting in my car to be off, and I rotated the dimmer switch for the other interior lights, and it did not change this light in question (it remained on). So, at least in my GLA, this light should be on even when the ambient lights are turned off. It is an LED, so it's quite possible the emitter went bad and it just doesn't light up anymore. This is a nice light to have because it is very concentrated and focused on the front console area without being distracting to the driver. Assuming you've tried all the possible settings in your car by now, I suggest that you get the dealership to fix it while it's under warranty. But, if there's a valet service "parking" (stealing?) cars, drive away as fast as you can!

·
Registered
12,614 Posts
I dont visit dealers except for warranty work i cant do or things i dont have an expensive tool for ... though i have been lucky and well treated the few times i did visit (even that “yours is our first cla transmission fix” case)

and gotta love all the cappucinos and donuts and cookies and snacks and ..... i eat them out of house and country

1 - 10 of 10 Posts