Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Which color do you prefer?! Do you have even the slightest preference in either direction? Color choice is a very personal thing. You don't want to feel a twinge of regret every time you approach your car just because the majority of people preferred something a little different.

Personally, I'd stick with white over silver for the 45 if only to let the silver trim accents standout a bit. Of course, if you dislike like the accent pieces they will be hidden better by a silver exterior. Besides, there are SO many silver cars on the road. We've all seen the CLA paraded around in white and the general consensus is that the car looks awesome. I haven't seen many (if any) real pictures of the car in silver but I would imagine it looks classy and sleek in silver, too. I imagine most CLAs will be delivered in white, silver and grey and, probably, black...with white being somewhat ubiquitous given we've all seen the potential of the color. I don't particularly like white cars but even I have considered ordering a white CLA. :)

Either way, I don't think you can go wrong. Best of luck in your decision and, most importantly, POST PICTURES in a few months when you get it!

-Eric

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Well, since I'm on a roll making good points today, white actually hides dirt better than darker colors. Dirt shows up more quickly on darker cars. It seems counterintuitive but it's true. ;)

-Eric

·
Registered
730 Posts
White is virtually maintenance free in terms of keeping clean & presentable. Even silver is a very manageable color, though to make it "pop" it does require some detailing if compelled.

·
Registered
294 Posts
White and Silver are likely to be the most popular colors for the CLA series. If you're good with that, then either color is guaranteed to look good. If you want a little distance from the crowd then expand your thinking to some of the other paint options. A Mercedes in black is always a winner. I've seen a CLA in Mountain Grey and it looks very good. I'd pass on Universe Blue and Northern Lights Violet. Both blue and purple are out of fashion now.

My best tip for you is to visit your MB dealership this coming weekend for the official launch. Hopefully your dealership will have a few in stock. This is likely to be the best weekend to see the CLA in a variety of colors and features. Once these first few cars sell then it's likely to be a while before you will see more in stock.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My best tip for you is to visit your MB dealership this coming weekend for the official launch. Hopefully your dealership will have a few in stock. This is likely to be the best weekend to see the CLA in a variety of colors and features. Once these first few cars sell then it's likely to be a while before you will see more in stock.
Agree with David. You must see CLA in real to be sure of your color decision. Between white and silver I would go for white. In my opinion grey suits CLA better than silver. I drove a silver CLA in june:

030620133488.jpg

·
Registered
202 Posts
I love my decision and it was silver, Ive seen white,gray and black on the roads but somehow those colors dont show the real shapes and curves the CLA have, those colors somehow hides them. But thats only my opinion :)

mercedescla250.JPG

·
Registered
381 Posts
I know silver is becoming passé but I still like it. However it has to be a LIGHT silver. Fortunately the polar silver looks to be a LIGHT silver. I like when the sun is shining brightly it looks almost white. It really shines.

Some German cars are classic in silver. Imagine a classic Mercedes 300SL Roadster to old Porsche 911. Chances are the color in your head is silver.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Blah, blah, blah...it's not 1955 and the CLA is neither a 300SL nor a 356 (or 911 for that matter). And screw silver make my "classic" 911 a 993 Twin Turbo in Arena Red. :D

-Eric

1 - 20 of 47 Posts