Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I鈥榓m wondering how many of us ordered the new CLA without seeing it live 馃檪....

I鈥榲e ordered mine and i鈥榣l get it in the middle of may <3

Attachments

Registered
UK Site is up

The UK configurator currently directs you to the C class :doh:

The PDF brochure (http://tools.mercedes-benz.co.uk/current/passenger-cars/e-brochures/new-cla-coupe.pdf) is available.

In the UK we initially get
* 4 petrol models (180, 200, 220, 250)
* 4matic only on the 220 (190 HP) not the 250 (224 HP)
* No diesel

The 2nd tier "AMG Line Premium" spec is probably the sweet spot - you get the 10" instrument display, keyless entry, dash cam, enhanced sound system and augmented navigation for 拢1495

Registered
Previous model was many times nicer on the outside.
New model is many times nicer on the inside.
My humble opinion.
Well the outside is more unique and trend setting for gen1 though gen2 is a bit more squat and wider track
The interior ... well ... am gonna just have to swing by my friendly dealer and feel it out but that dark abyss of a huge cellphone gadget (in off state) stuck to the dash may need some getting used to ?? Still kinda like to see lovely needles

Registered
The whole lineup with the new Mercedes design is without the deep sculpture on the surfaces of the previous models. They say that this way the design looks "cleaner" but I think that it looks less aggressive and in general more dull. One major point must have been among others that the old metal panels were extremely difficult to fix when hit. I see many CLAs and As and GLAS that have bumps or, worse, bad fixes that ruin the looks.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
in my opinion it鈥榮 the better car! just try a a-class, the ride is much better! i was suprised how the displays look in real it鈥榮 nice!

Package wise they are different all over the world 馃檪 here in switzerland we get the premium plus package.... the stock cla has much more options than the german one but startprice is 49鈥000 CHF for the 250

Registered
I saw a new e350 with the old gauges in place of the digital screen. This is now the second new merc ive seen with old gauges.

Registered
in my opinion it鈥榮 the better car! just try a a-class, the ride is much better!/QUOTE]

well gosh darn it geewhiz they must have heard all the complaints about the firm CLA gen1 ride on here! :)
i will take one out on the back roads for a test drive and report back ... presuming i come back in one piece ...

Registered
for me ... the jury is still out sequestered and deliberating ...

View attachment 62522
Will take old CLA hands down, the interior is nice on the new ones but idk i just can't get behind the lack of lines/curves on it.

edit: ew i just called my car ive had barely a year old.

Registered
the one with the gauges ... saloon or coupe?
It was an e450. the most recent pic is on Mercedes Benz Plano's Instagram page.

Registered
Will take old CLA hands down, the interior is nice on the new ones but idk i just can't get behind the lack of lines/curves on it.

edit: ew i just called my car ive had barely a year old.
Yeah the eye catchers are not there on the new one ... but that extended c pillar profile is something the gen1 could have used a little bit of

1 - 20 of 80 Posts