Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a AMG CLA 45 on order in the USA (due in March 2021 maybe) and I optioned the car with the "AMG Dynamic PLUS Package". With this package you are forced to get the "AMG Performance steering wheel in Nappa/DINAMICA" and can not choose the "AMG Performance steering wheel in DINAMICA". By the way DINAMICA is Mercedes speak for alcantara. I prefer an all alcantara steering wheel. Both steering wheels come with the "AMG DRIVE UNIT" which is a way cool way of selecting the driving mode you want to be in on the fly. in. I was able to get the mostly alcantara/DINAMICA interior with the Recaro performance seats. I asked the dealer to ask the Mercedes representative about the steering wheel options and I was told if the software will not let you put the all alcantara/DINAMICA in with the "AMG Dynamic PLUS Package" then no substations are allowed. WHAT???? Why offer the sportiest steering wheel when you can't get it with the "AMG Dynamic PLUS Package" which is an all out performance package. By the way only with the "AMG Dynamic PLUS Package" can you put this car into "race" & "drift" modes. The "AMG Dynamic PLUS Package" does offer a lot of goodies for performance improvements but not a cheap option at $4,300. You can get the all alcantara/DINAMICA steering wheel if you are not getting the "AMG Dynamic PLUS Package". I don't want to mention any names but the dealership I am going through is in North Haven, CT USA. Anyway I hope Mercedes reads this & I am going to be bringing this up in the owner survey Mercedes gives me as well as in any other forum that is interested.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.