Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't understand why so many negative comments on the articles and you tube videos about the CLA45?
I have read comments like "this not a Benz forget AMG", "design sucks/ugly" and many more...

I personally fell in love with the 2.0T and it's 355hp/332lb-ft of torque.
For me it looks great. AWD will help put all that power to the road.

But that's just me!

·
Registered
22 Posts
There are always haters. Maybe they can't afford it and it bothers them? Maybe they have a more expensive AMG and don't like that more people can drive a car with the AMG badge?

But really, who cares? Those of us who like it shouldn't care what others think or say.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are always haters. Maybe they can't afford it and it bothers them? Maybe they have a more expensive AMG and don't like that more people can drive a car with the AMG badge?

But really, who cares? Those of us who like it shouldn't care what others think or say.
+1. Thanks.
I agree but it bothers me a little but not too much cuz I ordered one, yeah!! cant wait!!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
The AMG coven/community does not want to share their exclusive club with the world. The AMG name was indie rock band that is now about to go double platinum. Haha

·
Registered
730 Posts
"Comments" (on the articles and you tube videos) are just that, anonymous opinions. Take 'em all w/ a grain-of-salt, if even that.

Truth-be-told, over the years, the AMG offerings have become more of a status symbol than actual motor-sporting & performance enthusiast pursuits. More of a way to distinguish themselves from other more ubiquitous Benzes.

Don't get me wrong, there are definitely those who are keen towards performance/handling & technology/features. But, the sticker-price of the AMG is an almost welcome attribute to many, to separate themselves from the rest. And now, a somewhat "affordable" & more attainable AMG model is on the horizon, those who enjoy the price-strata separation are likely projecting & barking nonsensical stuff.

With that said, I truly expected the AMG version of the CLA to have a separate power-plant, such as turbo/super-charger equipped V6. However, w/ that said- I'm glad they stuck to a single engine on the CLA as otherwise there would be increased weight in engineering the front-cradle/frame to accommodate both motors as well as compromised front-cabin space. This is generally an undesirable artifact of a given platform to be able to offer multiple engines (varying in size).

The AMG coven/community does not want to share their exclusive club with the world. The AMG name was indie rock band that is now about to go double platinum. Haha
What took me 5-10 mins to formulate & type, you did in less than a single line! :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
@AMGRD You already ordered one? You went to the dealer and they allowed you to pre-order it this soon? If so, may I ask what options you got with the car?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@AMGRD You already ordered one? You went to the dealer and they allowed you to pre-order it this soon? If so, may I ask what options you got with the car?
I think i was able to get in line. I ordered cirrus white with premium pkg, multimedia pkg, driver assistance pkg and carbon fiber int trim. As the dealer gets more information i was going to inquire about "edition 1" which will basically bring my order very close to the pics you see every where and the one displayed in the NYIAS.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ah okay. Sorry for all the questions but are you in the US? Is the Edition 1 any more than the typical AMG model? Also I am not sure if you did the pricing part of it yet, but how much off MSRP were you able to get?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah okay. Sorry for all the questions but are you in the US? Is the Edition 1 any more than the typical AMG model? Also I am not sure if you did the pricing part of it yet, but how much off MSRP were you able to get?
No problem. Yes in US. Edition 1 I believe will be combination of AMG performance upgrades. Price was not discussed, yet.

·
Registered
515 Posts
side.jpg me personally i like the cla but im more impressed with the newest technology in the honda accord... especially the lane watch that has a built in monitor allowing you to see 80% more of the rear road and blind spots, than by using your rear view mirror...
even the merc coupe is not as attractive to me as the accord... see below...
cfd0cc-4630.JPG f9f7f8-4569.JPG

yes the car on the right is a mercedes coupe...
be honest now, do you think the honda couple looks better?

ps,
the honda loaded is around 29k with a v6 278hp vs 45k 208hp v4

·
Registered
515 Posts
90DB2B6F-369E-4FD2-B72E-C13D569B68ED-3430-0000012910AD739E.jpg he he... i agree to disagree with you Z
... the new honda Coupe is way more stylish and the benz is looking square and tired... lol

im surprised how sweet she looks in red, and not my favorite color...

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Don't let those youtube comments get to you. Most of them have cars like a bmw, lexus, audi, etc. so they have to put it down. Or maybe they have a higher priced MB and don't like how MB is lowering the prices on their cars to make them more affordable. TBH my first thought when I saw the price was attracted. Then I thought.. Hmmm... what if people call me a "poser" cuz when you think MB, it usually means high value and success, etc. And now you'll see anyone on the street with a MB like it was a honda or something. But then I thought... "screw it.. screw them all". If I can afford it then why not??"

What's even more funny is that people who don't plan to ever buy a MB, can't afford a MB, or don't like MB have the biggest mouths. Don't listen to them ;)

·
Registered
312 Posts
You're looking at close to $60k being you ordered every package/option available???? Did you also get the 19" wheels?

·
Registered
312 Posts
M3 fanboys pissed off that this 45 will be able to smoke them at about $20k cheaper, not to mention, drive through a snowstorm when needed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts