Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Just wondering who's going to be replacing the stock wheels on the CLA?
The AMG style wheels look good to me. If I spring for those up front I'll probably keep those around. They are a classic look and IMHO, hard to beat with aftermarket. Here's a shot of what I'm talking about:

5 star, twin spoke... classic and timeless design. I would probably have to keep these.

·
Registered
118 Posts
These 18" wheels comes with the Sports Package which also has the side skirts and other body aero pieces which makes it a good value and a MUST IMHO !!

·
Registered
730 Posts
These 18" wheels comes with the Sports Package which also has the side skirts and other body aero pieces which makes it a good value and a MUST IMHO !!
Do the standard side-skirts differ that much from the Sports package side-skirts?

There is definitely a noticeable difference w/ the front bumper & rear skirt between standard & Sports offerings.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Do the standard side-skirts differ that much from the Sports package side-skirts?

There is definitely a noticeable difference w/ the front bumper & rear skirt between standard & Sports offerings.
I havent seen a clear photo yet of the side of a non sports CLA thus cannot give an accurate answer though this Sports Package from my experience would be an aero package all around ?? That was my experience from the Sports Package I had with my C Class a few years ago.

·
Registered
515 Posts
i also love the AMG style rims but what do you think of this style in the Pic? 15025.jpg
(you can pick almost any color)
what do ya think of Universal Blue or Northern Lights Violetta with these wheels?
if you dont order the moon roof get it Color wrapped for under or around 500... i may wrap my roof in glossy black to simulate the glass roof (which i never used much) and kinda of a pain to keep clean always (since i feed the birds around this place, if U know what i mean) :+)
me personally, i like the chromed tri star look along with the tri star body color...
if i remember correctly this wheel was around $500 but if you bought a set of 4 got a discount:saint:
------------
heres another version of the Radius wheel (love the Red tri star effect)
ft86clubsigxc.png

---------

phpThumb_generated_thumbnail.jpeg
(black n Chrome)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Some BBS F1s would be nice, tho' unsure if worth the moolah considering they'd be almost 1/3 of the CLA MSRP! :D

Otherwise, I like the clean & modern look of most split & tapering 5-spoke concave wheels. I plan to use my CLA as a daily & I won't want to adversely affect performance/handling by adding heavy/oversized wheels, so I'll likely be content w/ the stock 17s and/or optional 18s.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I'd have assumed there was going to be a staggered width between the F/R wheels, but being front-wheel-drive it doesn't make sense...(?)

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
With the given wheel sizes & general design of the standard & optional wheels, even a DIY Plasti Dip project would be interesting (to darken the wheels into gloss or matte black, etc). I'd even considering doing a dark grey / gun-metal type of finish on them, especially w/ a Northern Lights Violet CLA... :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm going to have to see the car in person, but I'd really like some gunmetal RZ or RS Advans on this car. I don't care how many cars they are on I always think the look classy. Something like on my old car that I miss very much, but wife hated the image it portrayed.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I'm going to have to see the car in person, but I'd really like some gunmetal RZ or RS Advans on this car. I don't care how many cars they are on I always think the look classy. Something like on my old car that I miss very much, but wife hated the image it portrayed.
Car looks great, I'm not sure what negative image it could possibly portray.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts