Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm expecting my Edition 1 on Monday/Tuesday (according to the dealer, ParkPlace Mercedes , Dallas, TX). I'm looking into tinting the windows as I'm no sure whether the E1 comes with pre-tinted windows. The dealer said that they can do the tinting for:
- $245 if done before they hand over the car to me
OR
- $345 after

What do you think? Is it a good idea to do it at the dealership? $245 sounds like a good price, right?

Also, they said they can also do the clearbra on it? good idea to do it at the dealership or better at a shop?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Seems like a reasonable deal to me!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Is it tinting all windows or just the back? All windows its reasonable. Its expensive if its just the back

Also no to the clear bra that turns yellow or hazy over time...
Clear bras are much nicer on women

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm expecting my Edition 1 on Monday/Tuesday (according to the dealer, ParkPlace Mercedes , Dallas, TX). I'm looking into tinting the windows as I'm no sure whether the E1 comes with pre-tinted windows. The dealer said that they can do the tinting for:
- $245 if done before they hand over the car to me
OR
- $345 after

What do you think? Is it a good idea to do it at the dealership? $245 sounds like a good price, right?

Also, they said they can also do the clearbra on it? good idea to do it at the dealership or better at a shop?
I bought my CLA from Park Place also. I got my windows tinted over the weekend at Tritek in Richardson, awesome job! They got three options for you:

$150-3 yr warranty
$180-5 yr warranty
$200-lifetime

Did park place mention how much the clear bra would be? I will probably ask when they call me back to get my license put on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went with them for the tinting.. it was $245 for all windows and the car looks great :)

photo.JPG

As for the clearbra, they said it would cost $1100 for the front bumper and hood (not sure about front fenders).. Does that sound reasonable? For those living/have lived in Dallas, do you recommend another shop for clearbra? I was thinking SpeedShield, they seem to have good reviews.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought my CLA from Park Place also. I got my windows tinted over the weekend at Tritek in Richardson, awesome job! They got three options for you:

$150-3 yr warranty
$180-5 yr warranty
$200-lifetime

Did park place mention how much the clear bra would be? I will probably ask when they call me back to get my license put on.
Never heard of Tritek but they seem to have good reviews!! thanks for the tip,will consider them in the future!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Awesome! I wish I knew about that window tinting deal. I did mine at Bonnie and Clyde after the fact for the same $245 for the lifetime warranty. I also got my car from Park Place in Dallas, had an excellent experience. Congrats on your new car. I have yet to see another one driving around Dallas, though my friends have told me they've seen others.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Forget the clear bra. I live in the desert where "it's needed". Bull

Deal without it. I think you'll be okay. :)

PS usually the huge pebbles hit just above the bra.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I know, the cheapest 3M film installed here at this dealer is $159. I've chosen the best one they have available there. Now, there are so many brands, so, I guess you can choose and pick however you want. I like 3m because of their reputation and their products that I have been using around the house for years.

·
Registered
7 Posts
As for the clearbra, they said it would cost $1100 for the front bumper and hood (not sure about front fenders).. Does that sound reasonable? For those living/have lived in Dallas, do you recommend another shop for clearbra? I was thinking SpeedShield, they seem to have good reviews.
SpeedShield does good work (although sometimes known for being a bit overpriced), but Invisibra does impeccable work! I and my car enthusiast friends have had cars done by both places, so I know first-hand how they stack up. Norm at Invisibra is very meticulous in how he applies the film (he even wraps the film around the edges of the hood so you don't see any film edges or cuts in the film).

So if you're very particular about little details, I'd recommend you have Invisibra install yours.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
It's not the big stones I'm worried about. I generally keep enough distance to avoid those. It's the little debris. Try traveling behind cars down a road covered in Winter grime (salt, sand, slushy dirt). It doesn't matter how much distance you keep. Better yet is getting caught behind a DOT truck salting an ice/snow covered road. I always cringe as I back away and watch the corrosive mixture spew out all over the road in front of me; especially as it jumps around and pecks at the car's front end. Good times. :) If I was leasing I wouldn't worry about it but I plan on keeping my CLA for a while. :D

My 2004 Porsche has an immaculate bumper (and Carreras love to pick up chips). It has a 3M film on it. It sold me on getting it for the CLA. Everyone's experience is different though. If you don't have a speckled bumper on your old car then I wouldn't worry about it for the new one! :)

-Eric

·
Registered
88 Posts
ask for the warranty. in houston, I know a couple of places that will do lifetime warranty tinting for around $150-200 (depending on the quality). i'd go with 20% all around. or 20% fronts and 5% rears incl rear windshield.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
The Accord 2013 I traded with just 3,500 miles had a few hits from road debris that drove me crazy. I'm going all out with full front clear bra coverage. Got quoted $1,950 for full bumper, full hood, full fenders, mirrors, and door jambs. Full tinting with 3M 35% for $250. I'm also blacking out with gloss vinyl the 1/3 of the roof that the pano doesn't cover. $200 for this.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts