Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I really dont know anything about rims and tires. Need to pick up winter tires and rims in several months. What do you guys recommend for my 250 cls with 18" wheels. I live in the Philly area. Pics of rims are appreciated!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have the same question. I'm thinking of getting sports pkg and I've heard it comes with summer tires. I'm in NJ so sounds like winter or all season tires are a must. I am hoping JPMBenz can response to this.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have the same question. I'm thinking of getting sports pkg and I've heard it comes with summer tires. I'm in NJ so sounds like winter or all season tires are a must. I am hoping JPMBenz can response to this.
See other threads in this -- we discussed it a few days/week ago...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
CEB,

Do you want separate rims, tires, and TPMS or do you just want to use your CLA's existing rims (and TPMS)?

If the latter, there are a number of A/S and Winter/Snow tire options listed on Tire Rack that will fit the CLA.

-Eric

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to buy news rims, Winter tires, and TPMS. I will take a look at the Tire Rack.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Tire Rack didn't list any rims for CLA fitment when I last checked but I expect that will change in the short term if it hasn't already.

There are a lot of great options if you're looking for an all-new set-up for the winter. Bridgestone Blizzaks, Michelin Pilot Alpins, and Dunlop Wintersports are all great tires. I've had Wintersport M3s on a few of my cars and they were fantastic. I also highly recommend giving the folks at Tire Rack a call if you have any questions or think the reviews are unclear. Some of the customer service people I've spoken with have been extremely helpful and informative. They're also, in my experience, 'no-pressure' operators (i.e., not pushing you to buy something before you hang-up).

-Eric

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hmmm, thanks for the info.

Looks like there's one recommend installer in Vancouver, that or go to the US for a little shopping trip =)

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Most local shops will match Tire Rack's prices...at least in the US...BUT, if you're buying a full set of rims and tires why not swap them yourself? :)

-Eric

·
Registered
161 Posts
Most local shops will match Tire Rack's prices...at least in the US...BUT, if you're buying a full set of rims and tires why not swap them yourself? :)

-Eric
The original poster is in PA (sales tax 6%) about 10 minutes from DE (no tax) on a $1000-$2000 purchase. The gentleman in Vancouver will pay 12%, or 6.5% an hour away in Seattle. Unless you really like getting your hands dirty...

·
Registered
260 Posts
The original poster is in PA (sales tax 6%) about 10 minutes from DE (no tax) on a $1000-$2000 purchase. The gentleman in Vancouver will pay 12%, or 6.5% an hour away in Seattle. Unless you really like getting your hands dirty...
Seattle is 9.5% :)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
342 Posts
Ah thanks, then the marginal difference isn't worth it. I thought WA tax was lower too, must of been the prices are generally cheaper and not tax that made the difference.

Still there's a chance that you don't pay duty =P

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I have been following the winter tire threads from afar. I live in central Texas, where snow is not an issue. But when I lived in Virginia, we got plenty of snow. I never put snow tires on my front wheel drive cars, and never had any problems driving with all season tires. The only issue could be not enough ground clearance if the snow was deep, or if the car sat low, like a CLA does. Am I missing something?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts