Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some people can have trouble with replacing their wiper blades so i decided to make a quick video while i was replacing mine. I recommend getting the Bosch Icon wiper blades they have always worked great for me and i plan on recording their performance once it rains with my dash cam.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I just had mine at the dealer and they didn't replace them. I enjoy the Bosch Icons more anyways.
I've never really enjoyed a wiper blade . . . it's the sort of item I pay NO attention to, unless it does not work perfectly-- then I just hate them!

So, which Bosch Icon blades are you using? The 19OE + 24OE? or another one? My originals are working fine, but I want a new set on hand when they day comes I see streaks or experience chatter.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've never really enjoyed a wiper blade . . . it's the sort of item I pay NO attention to, unless it does not work perfectly-- then I just hate them!

So, which Bosch Icon blades are you using? The 19OE + 24OE? or another one? My originals are working fine, but I want a new set on hand when they day comes I see streaks or experience chatter.
I am using the 19OE and 24OE.

These are still on my car and performing well. I make sure i clay the windshield frequently then add wax or rain-x on top of it.

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
The Valeos (which are oem) seem much lower profile especially at the arm hook point when compared to the Icons ... I returned the Bosch wipers and got Valeo ones when I did the 2yr service list.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wiper mystery!

where did you get stuck? to take them of you just slide them out after lifting the clip its really easy. i changed them on my 2015 like a month ago
Here's what mine look like. They don't flip over and come off of a pin, and the don't slide down (that I can figure). It's stumped 2 parts stores, they don't have a clue.

IMG_2332.JPG IMG_2333.JPG

·
Super Moderator
610 Posts
Mine was like this too, you just need to lift the clip and i think pressure from the sides and slide the one you are holding upwards. Did you check out the youtube videos?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine was like this too, you just need to lift the clip and i think pressure from the sides and slide the one you are holding upwards. Did you check out the youtube videos?
I looked at a few YouTube videos and they were for different connectors I believe. What "clip" are you referring too? I thought I tried everything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
you should consider swiping the original version from the early models ... ;-)
After a few weeks of trial and error, my 2015 actually takes 2016 blades, "Bosch Windshield Wiper Blade Set BS3397014204." And the Bosch are the same price as OEM blades, $48. Looks like I'll get them from the stealership.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Wiper mystery!

Here's what mine look like. They don't flip over and come off of a pin, and the don't slide down (that I can figure). It's stumped 2 parts stores, they don't have a clue.

View attachment 62614 View attachment 62616

I have the same exact fitment, grab the black thing at the thicker end, kind of pinch, and pull away from the arm, and it slides up, and the blade will just kind of pop out... I got that far, and have bought numerous brands and types and still have not found a replacement... here is a pic of what it looks like pulling apart.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts