Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently purchased a 2022 CLA 250 which will be delivered tomorrow. I am interested in an accessory that will allow me to utilize wireless car play. Do any of you know of any that would be compatible (and work smoothly) with a 2022 CLA?

Thank you!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was a big fan of CarPlay but have to say it looks so bad on the screen in this car I’ve stopped using it. Use wireless charging and Apple Music via Bluetooth.

I can’t point you in the right direction but sure someone will.

I’d wait until you have the car though if I was you… although depends how you feel about the look of the dash etc…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
356 Posts
I'm with @SILVAF0XX, I rushed out and purchased a short USB C to lightning cable with a 90 degree bend in it so it fits flush with the phone while in the recharging bay (which is cramped), however, it looks so odd and dated on screen I also no longer use it. I only use bluetooth to project apple music and my streamed digital radio stations.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a kit from EmeraldIntegrations for my 2014 CLA250 which adds wireless CarPlay and front and rear cameras… have not installed it yet. I am curious for more info on what y’all mean about CarPlay looking so bad. Is it really low resolution? Does Maps not work well for directions?

·
Registered
63 Posts
No functionality is all there and I was a huge advocate for the system previously as having all that information in your phone moved from car to car and is the best and most convenient solution in my opinion.

On my old S3 it put the CarPlay screen on the 4:3 pop up screen and then I had regular analogue dials as was not a fan of the “virtual cockpit” when it was first introduced. This system worked well and with no wireless charging was happy to connect phone in armrest and forget about it.

In this new car I’d hoped for wireless charging and CarPlay from the off, but we obviously know that wireless CarPlay (despite being able to unlock via coding) is nerfed by Merc. Despite this, with the current implementation of MBUX and how it can’t display CarPlay in widescreen like most other manufacturers, I still would avoid it. It locks at a 4:3 ratio in a square box (with rounded corners inside ) and has black bars down the side. When running this alongside your other screen in my opinion it just looks naff!

You’ll make your own mind up when you see it, but I’m getting used to the MBUX controls and happy with what I have. For example my wife has an A35 and uses CarPlay as her preference. She has the smaller 7” dash, which was a mistake in our part, but actually because of that somehow doesn’t seem as bad

Anyway my 2 cents and I’m particularly picky with this sort of thing. I’m just hoping they do as indicated and bring Apple Music to MBUX soon as they have in the S class

·
Registered
63 Posts
The dash is a dual screen - one for instruments and one for media.

Other screen I’m referring to is the panel for your instrument cluster

·
Registered
63 Posts
If it looked like this I’d use it in a heartbeat… sadly it does not

·
Registered
63 Posts
They can’t because the temperature display is at the bottom on either side