Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For starters I would like to say due to the ongoing investigation I’m not allowing to show footage or anything of my vehicle yet until investigation(s) are completed. I wasn’t sure if I could talk it about yet either until I asked our legal team and they cleared it but I can’t go fully into detail with photos until the investigation(s) are finished.

For starters Monday I was involved in a accident and they completely took out the left side of my vehicle (both doors will need to be fully replaced and the entire side will need to be repainted) from that point I thought my week couldn’t get any worse, however woke up yesterday to my entire car being vandalized (it was keyed all over). So now now not only is my entire left side ruined but it’s also now ruined with bunches of key marks.

Just really want to note how people ABSOLUTELY suck for ruining something that I work my a$$ off for.

To say I’m stressed is an understatement.
I’ll definitely update this with pictures when I get the chance too.

·
Registered
12,114 Posts
Oh good grief
They keyed all over as in purposely walked around and scraped?
WTH?!?!

And that amount of damage has no totalled option? Can they guarantee a cross beam checked straight frame? Something had to absorb all the torque...

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Agree with JMC. That sounds like extensive damage. I would prefer if the car is just totaled and you can pick up a new one. On the positive side at least you were not injured.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh good grief
They keyed all over as in purposely walked around and scraped?
WTH?!?!

And that amount of damage has no totalled option? Can they guarantee a cross beam checked straight frame? Something had to absorb all the torque...
yes! The entire car, damaged side and undamaged side. I don’t know why they picked mine out of everyone else’s and there’s about 20000 other luxury sedans in my complex.

The car just got dropped off at the shop today so I won’t know the cost and extent of the damages till possibly Wednesday.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agree with JMC. That sounds like extensive damage. I would prefer if the car is just totaled and you can pick up a new one. On the positive side at least you were not injured.
Picking up a new one, would probably involve me upgrading to a E-class or something lol.

overall, yes. I’m glad I wasn’t hurt in either ordeal. The car can be replaced/repaired.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: vehicles been deemed repairable for now, going to need the entire vehicle repainted (every portion but the roof).

·
Registered
12,114 Posts
they must be kidding ...

but odder results have happened so guess we all shall see

·
Registered
119 Posts
Update: vehicles been deemed repairable for now, going to need the entire vehicle repainted (every portion but the roof).
So contact your local Mercedes dealership and ask them where they take their cars. When I was rear ended, it was very minor. Bumper cover seat belts and few other things. Using Genuine Mercedes parts plus labor came out to about $8000. Your is way worst than mine was Im sure they wont want to deem it repairable.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So contact your local Mercedes dealership and ask them where they take their cars. When I was rear ended, it was very minor. Bumper cover seat belts and few other things. Using Genuine Mercedes parts plus labor came out to about $8000. Your is way worst than mine was Im sure they wont want to deem it repairable.
That’s my next move, don’t want to deal with an entirely repainted car that’ll never look the same. Key marks are so deep they can’t be buffed out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts