Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone on here is trying to sell their VR tune box. Also, anyone know anything about if a tune like this can be detected by the dealer as I’m still under warranty. Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
No I dont have the box since I did mine at their shop here in AZ, and yes it can be detected by the dealer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Agree with mcia13...HUGE difference in performance. The 0-60 times might actually be worse because the front tires can't get any traction. :)
I had my tune for over 80K miles with no issues at the dealer (CPO). I never even pulled the wires, just removed the tuner box and replaced with the jumper.
As a bonus, the folks at Vivid Racing are good people...I had quite a few upgrades added from their shop

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Agree with mcia13...HUGE difference in performance. The 0-60 times might actually be worse because the front tires can't get any traction. :)
Tell me about it! I went from tough rfts to stickier contis and the damn thing still chirps into 2nd and 3rd.

Flooring it from a standstill is hopeless for the fwd. either soft launch or real time throttle modulation ... then 60 comes up awfully quick

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tell me about it! I went from tough rfts to stickier contis and the damn thing still chirps into 2nd and 3rd.

Flooring it from a standstill is hopeless for the fwd. either soft launch or real time throttle modulation ... then 60 comes up awfully quick
Good to know. Makes me want it even more. I’ve been trying to get it used but so far only scammers with new profiles have been messaging me. Going to just go ahead and buy a new one. :)

·
Registered
384 Posts

If you’re vouching for the tune, then I’m totally getting it. I got a tune for my Raptor and added nearly 100 hp. I don’t expect the same with the CLA, but I’m sure it’s an improvement.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Good to know. Makes me want it even more. I’ve been trying to get it used but so far only scammers with new profiles have been messaging me. Going to just go ahead and buy a new one. :)
yeah cant go wrong with that

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
If you’re vouching for the tune, then I’m totally getting it. I got a tune for my Raptor and added nearly 100 hp. I don’t expect the same with the CLA, but I’m sure it’s an improvement.
well my original tune is the german intercept unit (carlsson cb25) that plugs between the ecu and the oem connectors ... literally pnp no harnesses no nothing

that thing clamps boost at 20.0psi and works reeeeally well with the (2015 update) tcu shift map

now i am trying the oetuning obd2 ecu remap variant ... a little scarey cuz boost limit is higher around 21.5psi and slightly different marriage with the tcu map but it still hauls like the cb25 does

either way all the various brand stage 1 tunes are similar maybe slight profile tweaks but the crank limits are around 250hp/310tq ... plenty for 6s runs onto the freeway

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
any concerns with long term reliability?

·
Registered
384 Posts
well my original tune is the german intercept unit (carlsson cb25) that plugs between the ecu and the oem connectors ... literally pnp no harnesses no nothing

that thing clamps boost at 20.0psi and works reeeeally well with the (2015 update) tcu shift map

now i am trying the oetuning obd2 ecu remap variant ... a little scarey cuz boost limit is higher around 21.5psi and slightly different marriage with the tcu map but it still hauls like the cb25 does

either way all the various brand stage 1 tunes are similar maybe slight profile tweaks but the crank limits are around 250hp/310tq ... plenty for 6s runs onto the freeway
20.0 psi boost is a comfortable amount of boost. Was there a huge difference between the two?

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
20.0 psi boost is a comfortable amount of boost. Was there a huge difference between the two?
aside from the ~10% boost hike the carlsson is more brutal when it hits whereas the oe gets there with more manners
both show their colors especially when accelerating up hill vs the stock map just doesnt cut it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts