Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone out there do a DIY bearing/hub assembly replacement and now you have scrap metal piling up in your yard (much to the chagrin of your neighbors)?

I want to make a mounting bracket for my spare tire to go onto my roof basket. A discarded hub would be perfect because I won't want it to spin anyway by the time I'm done with it. It seems a perfect mount---I can even use a regular wheel lock to lock the tire to the rack! I'm hoping to find something cheap (free? or swap for something I might have?); I can send you a prepaid shipping label, so this would be easy-peasy for you.

I think the "ideal" part number is 246-334-00-06-64 because that would be the rear from a FWD (no unnecessary gearing) but 246-334-02-06 would work too and that one is probably more common because that part is from the front and rear of 4Matics. I believe this part is shared with all years of CLA, GLA, and the AMG versions of both.

My apologies for cross-posting to other MB forums, but I am trying to reach the widest audience since this isn't only a GLA or a CLA thing. Thanks!

·
Registered
12,506 Posts
cool idea
hope you get a donor part
else some recycle yards may
would love to see it when its done

1 - 2 of 2 Posts